Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hit the launch around 0615. The water was up and the tide was not moving at all. I went up Styx river to begin with. I fished a few of the small lakes off the river. I threw a buzz bait first thing I got one hugh bite it, which turned out to be a 2.5 lbs Chain Pickerel. I caught only one bass in thesmall lakes barely a keeper. I went out to main river and fished up the river a little further. I Caught two more one being a keeper and the one not. I then came down and fished several docks. I caught my third keeper off the first dock I stopped at. It was about 1.25-1.50 lbs. I had several other good hits around the docks, but was not able to hook up. I then went south below the ramp and fished several of the creeks. I caught three more none keepers. I then pulled out of the water around 1300 hrs. I ended up catching seven bass with three keepers weighing about 3.5 lbs. The current never began to move while I was there. All fish were released for another day.

"Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught."

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,445 Posts
GREAT report... good on you for the catch and release...

Jim

·
Registered
913 Posts
Nice fish and good report. I believe I spoke with you on the river Saturday me and my buddy were in a red Stratos headed up river while you were fishing the docks. We did not have much luck caught 3 or 4 only one keeper.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Good report. You know how to put it together and get em in the boat. Thanks for releasing so we all can get at em...

KsB

1 - 7 of 7 Posts