Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, decided to spend the afternoon on the river, so we launched the boat mid afternoon. I went to one area and the gars were jumping and splashing everywhere... well, I thought it would be fun to fight one, so I floated a shiner out... a couple hits, but no takers ... then WOW.... fight on. I fought for a few minutes, and when the fish got to the boat, SUPRISE... Striped Bass.... and a nice one... then we finally netted him.... weighed right at 10 lbs. Fished a little more, caught some shellcracker and bream... A nice day. Biggest bass I've ever caught. Here are a pic of the Bass and the best Shellcracker.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
very nice ryan! good striper and all are good eats...thanks for the report and pics...

·
Registered
58 Posts
....free-linin' shiners....striper killer...especially in rivers... Great on bobbers or planer boards too.... Anyone know more about their seasonal patterns here??

·
Registered
58 Posts
there really isnt one its always kinda hitt and miss, some times u catch them some times u dont
...naturally found strippers would generally only be up river during the spring spawn, other wise they are a salty....however, they are stocked through out the southeast in cool water rivers and deeper impoundments....they don't reproduce tho...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts