Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Perdido Pass

3K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  P-cola_Native 
#1 ·
I heard they just closed Perdido pass, does anyone know if thats true.

#3 ·
I was just told by a friend that lives and works in O.B. that on the incoming tide that Oil / green , milky looking stuff seen on the News is POURING INTO Perdido Pass and there are NO Boats or Oil-stopping apparatus in the area , and seemingly NOTHING is being done to prevent it from entering the Back Bays ?!?!?! :hoppingmad:hoppingmad ... WTF ????? :nonono

#11 ·
Well guess Pensacola Pass is next just how sad is that ? Upset about the whole thing everybody blaming each other and so much fussing going on. It still doesn't fix the problem .

What happens when it goes into Pensacola Pass do we shut it off on incoming tides or keep it open ?Do we shut of the ICW altogether ? Do we shut down all boat traffic ? Wish we had some answers I can't read fast enough to keep up with everythinggoing on.

Now looking at CNN Markets question is does BP file bankruptcy ? What happens next ?Stocks on BP has fallen 50% they can't take much more. So what happens next does BP still say we are going to fix this problem ?

Sad So SoSad

Upset,Fed Up and down right pissed off

#12 ·
Put the boat in at Boogy Point about 10:30 AM this morning there was small pieces of oil floating and oil sheen inside the ramp. Went out 100 yards from ramp and was told to turn around the pass was closed. So we loaded the boat back up and went home. I drove back down there after I hadlunch to see what was going and looked liked the pass was opened back up. WHAT A CLUSTER!

#15 ·
Just got this from my cousin who is at Perdido Pass. About noon 6/10.

"Just in.......beep bah beep bah beep beep.....They appear to be driving pilings to do some kind of closure? Big barge with crane and some tall piling looking things. Boats still running in and out"

#16 ·
Just got back from a trip to Ft. Morgan. Stopped at the Perdido Pass around 10:30. Walked the east side of the pass to the point, then down the beach a few hundred yards. Saw no sign of oil, no smell. No clean up crews there, but did see 2 armies of workers further east including the public access across from Lillians Pizza. Boats were going in and out this morning but when I returned, only saw a Coast Guard boat in the pass. Did see a large boom skimmer just east of the pass, close to shore. Lots of helicopters and activity in and around that area. Gulf Shores State Park parking lot is filled with clean up crew cars and buses.

Down at Ft. Morgan at one of our resorts walked out to the pool and it was slammed. No one at the gulf, but couldn't get through the gate to walk down to the beach. Saw no clean up crews there. Contact there said they were 70% occupied. Not bad, but hearing horror stories coming from there to Destin about July cancellations.

Orange Beach and Gulf Shores were clearly not as busy as past years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.