Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever heard of Reds being caught in Perdido Pass off of the wall??? If not, is there anywhere around there that a landlocked :)reallycrying) person can hope to find them??

·
Registered
948 Posts
sure, you can catch them off the wall, off the beach on the east side, and off the rocks on both sides. you just have to have what they're biting on your hook. i've had luck with live shrimp, like croakers, and live pinfish. i've had the best luck at the end of the jetties for decent reds w/o a boat. early morning (at sunrise) on a newly falling tide seems to be better than any other time.

·
Registered
304 Posts
You can catch reds over there, but that east side under the bridge might be better, depending on how much current you have. I posted this suggestion to you on your other thread but didn't see that you had posted about perdido pass already. Good luck....its one of the best spots for bull reds if you can't get out around Pensacola pass or pickins

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
UNDER the Alabama Point bridge in about ONE MONTH :clap ... Bulls will begin to move through there after a few Coldfronts ... the Flounder are in there now :toast

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Went out last night at about 10:30 on the East side on the beach. As I was getting there, several people decided to call it a night and leave. After about a hour, there were only two fishing parties on the beach, and, fifteen minutes later, this guy was landed!!! 27 inches and 9 lbs!

Nothing for the next hour and a half, and then my 11 year old's pole zings and "fish on!!" This was to be the first fish for him that has put up a fight. I make sure the hook is set (and make sure it's not just another baby catfish) and let him bring it in. It's pulling pretty hard and taking some line. He has never experienced a fish like this before. I'm all chocked up knowing he is about to land a whopper. Yep, a whopper it was!!!

That has got to be one of the biggest catfish I have ever seen!!! Well, at least he put up a great fight for my son!! He measured 20 inches!!

Thanks to all for your help. This is a great forum filled with helpful people!!!!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Just looked at your son's fish again, and I realized that it is a Sailcat and that is an edible fish. Usually considered the only edible saltwater catfish. I hope you guys put that one on the dinner table

·
Registered
98 Posts
i was out there in my boat, well actually i was down in old river fishing the dock lights and we had a great time. 20 white trout and 1 speck. best night i havehad in a while. where do you live and we may be able to get you and your son out around the lights one night.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts