Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Valued Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today was the first day that I got to test my new Gopro 3 out that I got for Christmas. I figured while I was testing the features out I would make a quick Channel cat tutorial for the kids and new cat-fisherman.

It turned out really well, the catfish was biting, the camera worked amazingly. The Only downside of the day was I left the house with a half charged GoPro:thumbdown: In the end I only got footage of the first few catfish before she died on me.

I landed around 25-30 channel cats under 2 pounds, with two fishing poles, a lot of small fish but great action for kids.

Using the Gopro is going to be fun I can tell already.

Water temp: 52 degrees
Water depth: 20-25 feet
Sky's: Over cast
Bait: worms, Shad dip bait, blood bait
River: Perdido River

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxAIsyu43zE

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Informative video. Looks like you were very productive. I was the one in the 14 ft jonboat with the Suzuki that stopped to talk to you. We launched at Seminole Landing and were out just riding around/exploring.

·
Valued Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Informative video. Looks like you were very productive. I was the one in the 14 ft jonboat with the Suzuki that stopped to talk to you. We launched at Seminole Landing and were out just riding around/exploring.
Good to me yah, I bailed right before it started raining.

·
Valued Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cool, you did all thet by yourself? neat how you put the camera on the bank then drove the boat by. Cool vid, thanks.

Yep, I really wanted to try some new angles. People get tired of the same of view. Its really simple and fun to do, however I think now I want another camera. The editing is very simple with windows movie maker and the under water clarity of the camera is amazing. I also got some under water footage of schooled up channel cats and speckled trout.

The specs are way up the river in 25 foot holes just swimming around on the bottom and I had nothing to catch them with. I couldnt find any crappie however.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
The game warden launches at the old Perdido River Sportsman hunting club sometimes. That would be the left that he speaks of.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
The game warden launches at the old Perdido River Sportsman hunting club sometimes. That would be the left that he speaks of.
Its now state owned land that should be a WMA but instead is some sort of bird sanctuary or some bs like that. Has a great area to camp and an awesome ramp but no one can use it because of some dumb bs

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Stupid birds. "Aint nobody got time for that"
it's not about "stupid birds" there is no reason it can't be used as a launch nature trail and possibly even game hunting of one species or another. e county is about to spend a ton of money on a public launch not far south of there don't see why they couldn't just open that launch

·
Valued Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
it's not about "stupid birds" there is no reason it can't be used as a launch nature trail and possibly even game hunting of one species or another. e county is about to spend a ton of money on a public launch not far south of there don't see why they couldn't just open that launch
Whats wrong with ruby's and sandy landing? Its such a small river I don't see the need for any more launches.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Whats wrong with ruby's and sandy landing? Its such a small river I don't see the need for any more launches.[/QUOTE

I agree with you for the most part but the county is about to spend millions of dollars to build a ramp a couple miles from a perfectly good ramp. I use both rubys and sand landing I miss hurs hammock sp but I don't mind the ride but last I saw they were about to waste millions for no real reason

Ps I always enjoy your vidios thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts