Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank God for GPS. Went to the upper Perdido to catch some specks. At day break it wasn't bad but the weather just kept deteriating to the point that even with a trolling motor I could not keep off of the beach. Ran a grounded twice and decided to call it a day. Start out of the Perdido river area and could not see land to get my bearings. So used the GPS to get us down to the lower Perdido where mist was lighter. GPS don't leave home without it! Oh! caught 3 specks only 1 keeper size. No pictures everyone has seen a speck.

Question, since I fish mostly Perdido Bay should I invest in towing services? Are there enough true watermen that if I get grounded that I can get a tow?

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I have also been saved by gps in a fog.

By all means, invest in a towing service. I have pulled many stranded boaters home in the past, but I was passed up by bunches of boaters while my boat was smoking so bad we thought we would have to abandon ship. Noone even slowed down. I guess they thought I was just sending smoke signals. I use Seatow, and they have pulled me several times. ( I have changed boats since then). I have never had a boat stop in Perdido Bay to see if we need help.

Bob

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Perdido Bay gets REAL bad shallow in spots...and it can be hard to tell even w/out fog until you're right up on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts