Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Newbie Inshore Fisherman
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any word or some advise on Perdido Bay? I heard in got messed up by the flood. I'll be there June 6th.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Looked like steeped tea you forgot to take off the stove last weekend.

·
Master of Disaster
3,042 Posts
Orange Beach

Has that adversely affected the fishing? Is Ono Island any good?
It has had things kinda screwed up- that was a lotta fresh water! But things are looking pretty good. Water has improved some. We could do with a little less additional rain though. But even with the tannic looking water, there are fish! Heck, I even saw a sea turtle in old river last week. Haven't been able to get out and do any fishing personally, nature of my work- but we hope to soon.
I'd say the trout bit will be pretty good, some flounder (not many), and there are still redfish around. I haven't seen any black drum, not saying they're not there. Water hasn't been clear enough- so I'm not sure about the Sheephead. I have seen a lot of bait lately. Once in awhile we'll pick up a small spanish or ladyfish in the bay and up old river.
I'd say things aught to start heating up as the bite goes. If you're not having any luck on the grass, try some docks and other structure. Live shrimp would probably work best (according to my wife), if you are looking for redfish or drum, a small chunk of crab will work too. I'm a true artificial fishing man- and hooked on that early morning topwater bite.
If you have a boat, you could always zip across the ICW to Oyster Bay, Bon Secour Bay, and Ft Morgan. Check out the platforms and oyster bars for trout, flounder, and as soon as the water warms up I'll be expecting some TripleTail.
Check with Chris at Sams, on Canal Rd, when you get here. He'll tell you what is biting real good, where, and the best baits for them.
Hope this was helpful...
Mike

·
Newbie Inshore Fisherman
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, thanks!!!

Thank you so very much badonskybuccaneers!

I really appreciate when people share information. I only have a 24' pontoon boat I'm bringing from home with a 50hp, so travelling isn't much of an option.

May your catch be plentiful because you chose to share!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts