Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know people don't like to give up their spots. I'm new to saltwater (without a guide/charter) and down with my family (wife and 3 small kids) to fish for the week in our new bay boat. We had a decent morning out by the jetties yesterday, but caught nothing worth keeping today. Can someone please point me in the right direction to catch trout and reds this time of year? I'd love to catch sheepshead and pompano, too, but I assume they are only caught around the jetties in the a.m. Any guidance or direction is appreciated. We live 7 hours away and won't be here except 1-2x per year. Just want to show the kids a good time and put them on some fish.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I know nothing about Perdido except what I see going across the Lillian bridge. But the trout and reds are going to be in the grass flats this time of year from the shoreline to about 6' deep. Live shrimp is fun with kids, but the pinfish and other bait stealers will drive you crazy. I'd stay around the south end of the bay, and keep a close lookout for old pilings close to the shoreline.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I have been in your shoes. I sent you a PM with a couple suggestions to consider. :thumbsup:

Reactions: mayberry
1 - 3 of 3 Posts