Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
4,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok got me a welder, now I wonder where I can get metal for the purpose of building a tower blind for the farm? Can someone point me in the way? Preferably something either in Auburn/Montgomery/Pensacola/Orange Beach area...thanks

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Bell Steel has metal. They do have a minimun I think it's around $75.00.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I believe Tull Metals is in Birmingham. Also Birmingham Steel used to be there also. I think they have a pilot location in your Montgomery. Check the yellow pages under steel distributers

4,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do you have any clue how much the metal is going to cost me? 15' tall tower stand; "X" bracing up each side. ribbed out top platform (and then i build the box stand out of wood on top of the metal platform)

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
There is Sabel Steel and Alabama Stele Supply in Montgomery. I'm in Montgomery. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
If you're in Montgomery, look in the Bulletin Board under Building Materials. Also, you might be able to use EMT [conduit] for cross bracing. Mayer Electric in Mtg has plenty.

Reminds me of when a friend proudly asked my opinion of his newly built tower blind. It was leaning pretty bad, so I asked him why he built it out of plumb. He said they ran out of maple.:doh

1 - 8 of 8 Posts