Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I posted a picture of a deer that I shot last year and got back from my Taxidermist this past weekend. I don't get to post many reports as I don't get to fish or hunt as much as I would like to, or used to. The deer I posted is the largest buck/rack I have ever had the good fortune to take, and needless to say I am very proud of him.

Today I shared him(my deer)with a bunch of people that for the most part I have never met in person, but feel that I know them very well. I got supportive and positive words from many in return. It is a true blessing to know the friends I have made on "the forum", and I would have never thought I would be typing these very words, but you guys are truly Awesome.

I would bet good money that there are very few groups of people brought together by the internet that are as great as yall are. Like I said, I wouldn't have believed I would be typing this, so I have to ask, is this normal?

Thanks, each and every one of you.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Thanks for the kind words Curtis this is a unique group on the forum and i have made several friends and fishing companions through this forum. And again that was a awsome deer you took.

·
Registered
506 Posts
This is a great group of guy's. I have never really met anyone that is involved with this forum, never been to the Wed night Sam's, but I will, yet i still feel comfortable enoughwith allyou folksand especially you GARBO that I dont mind showing my :moon from time to time...:letsdrink

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I agree and I think I speak for the rest whenI say I am glad YOU are apart of this"lil family" :letsdrink

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
thanks curtis...i feel the same way as you...i have met many on hereand had the pleasure of meeting you for which i am a richer person...that is, i've been enlightened by getting to know fine folks such as yourself...

a truely great forum and hats off to chris for keeping it running...

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
I agree Curtis....a GREAT group of people!!!!I havenot met many, (yet)... I must say that you are one of the BEST in my opinion!!!!:clap

·
Registered
448 Posts
I definitely agree that there are a lot of good people on here. I haven't met a whole of ppl offline, but I look foward to meeting many in the future. No matter what, if you put two outdoorsman that havent ever met each other in their life's in the same room, despite the amount of experience you can always learn something from each other.Knowledge of the outdoors is somethingthat all of uslove and appreciate.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Garbo,we are asdifferent as night and day, yet we share two common bonds, the love of fishing and the forum. Look forward to meeting you. Your questions to this forum would make one in journalism envious. Enjoy your sabbatical. Merry Christmas and tight lines dude.

·
Super Moderator
5,922 Posts
I probably have met/corosponded/talked on the phone/fished with about as many as anyone on here. I have made some great friends from here. Over all, a great bunch of people. I count myself lucky to befriended ya'll...

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Another stirring and though provoking post Curtis. I think the "local" roots of the forum by design tend to make it a warmer friendlier place. The general friendly atmosphere lends itself to the type of people that like it or they leave. A few have been driven away for other reasons too but they still lurk and we'd love to have them back. I view a few other forums and they all seem to have a core group of posters but i never see the prayer requests or help offered publicly that is part of daily posts here. There are a lot of people on this forum (including you)that I consider friends though we've never met.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I have met a few from the forum in person and talked with alot more here but of the guys i have met and the ones i have talked to i consider myself lucky to communicate with,there is some really great men and women on this forum and i hope to meet more and more as we put together more get togethers in the future.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts