Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have a Google maps, Google kml, easy gps, gpsbabel or Garmin file of all the Pensacola reefs/wrecks etc? I've looked but haven't found the product. I know where to get the numbers publicly, just wanted to see if somebody put a file together to help other people out. Or maybe somebody can PM me something without sharing it to the whole forum?

· Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dream on.
What am I dreaming about? I've taken all the Destin GPS numbers available and put them into a format that literally everybody can use, took my time to do it and helped EVERYBODY who wanted the files. So you're saying I should dream on that maybe somebody else has done the same for Pensacola? I didn't ask for private information, I asked for the public stuff posted on dozens of websites that maybe somebody just put it into a simple file. And if somebody didn't feel obliged to share that type of file with all members than they could send it directly to me and I would respect their wishes not to share with anybody else.

Sealark you had my respect til now, you may not care but you just lost it.

· Registered
147 Posts
Go to the mbtdivers.com website the have a section with hundreds of accurate local gps coordinates. It's quite extensive. They also run a great business and the little we dive we like to support them when we need something scuba related.

· Registered
10,740 Posts
Hey sorry for loosing your respect. All I meant was no one is going to give you there numbers of ANY spots that they catch fish on for whatever reason. If you took my blunt statement :mad:as an insult I'm sorry I was going diving and was in a hurry or I would have sugar coated it. :no: I was just stating my experience about numbers. It takes years and dollars to find them. I even gave hundreds of offshore LORAN numbers away to anyone that wanted to convert and use them. If you want them just ask.:thumbup:

· Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey sorry for loosing your respect. All I meant was no one is going to give you there numbers of ANY spots that they catch fish on for whatever reason. If you took my blunt statement :mad:as an insult I'm sorry I was going diving and was in a hurry or I would have sugar coated it. :no: I was just stating my experience about numbers. It takes years and dollars to find them. I even gave hundreds of offshore LORAN numbers away to anyone that wanted to convert and use them. If you want them just ask.:thumbup:
Not sure you are understanding the request, I don't want your private numbers (ok that would be a lie I wouldn't turn them down if offered) but I'm not asking for them, simply put...MBT and other public websites list all of these reefs in a text format. I'm not asking anybody to give me verified honeyhole garmin formatted numbers, just a conversion of what's listed on a public website converted to a usable gps format. Otherwise I have to re-invent the wheel which i've already done once for the GPS numbers.

How much more clear do I have to make the request, I don't want anybody's private numbers and I don't want verified honey holes...I just want public gps numbers already in a text format that somebody may have already created a usable kml or garmin format that I can convert in EasyGPS.

· Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

· Registered
97 Posts
I have already got them in a Garmin format, but you might not like the way I have them listed. I just have most of them numbered. I do have the wrecks in there by name though.

I have Expert GPS and can convert most type of files to a Garmin format.

Blaine

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.