Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a reef from them last year and went looking for it this year 4 times and could not find it. Talked to them and they keep saying they will go out and find it but they never get back to me.

How can they even prove they sank one in the first place? Let me know if any one has dealt with them. thanks

·
Registered
148 Posts
I had considered buying a reef from them last year also, but never went through with it. Theyhad several forum membersgive them good reviews at that time. It does require a lotof trust that they will1-drop the reef, and 2-nottell anyone else about the coordinates. I'll be curious to see how this works out.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Bob,

I am sorry you have been unable to find your reef. We have not had but one other customer not find theirs and I went out and found it for them. Sometimes they drift a bit before they hit bottom. Finding a small spot takes the right equipment and a moderate level of skill. I have concerns about your equipment given this post of yours:

<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlSearchResultsPostView_ctlSearchResults__ctl2_ctlPanelBar_lblFullMessage>I'm not getting godd performance from my transom mount and heard you could put it in the floor of the boat if you put it in a bucket of water or oil to eliminate air. Has any one done this or do you have to have a special in the hull transducer? September, 2009.

A short answer to that question is no, you cant put it in a bucket. Anyway, send me a PM with your address and I will mail you a full refund. I will then go find the reef and fish it myself. I assure you its there. Again, I am sorry you were unable to locate the reef.

Sincerely,

Rastaman.

·
PDC Fishing Team
1,971 Posts
I guess I'll have to nominate myself as a mediator.... Go ahead and PM me the coordinates and I'll make sure the reef was deployed and report back to the forum my results... no need to thank me, it's the least I could do to help out a couple forum members :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
It was a stack of two chicken coups. So far we have deployed over 250 of such. We are seeing great results with the snapper, trigger and grouper. They stand 10ft tall so usually you get a decent profile when you hit the spot but they are only 4ft wide so if you run across the wreck it may be a small blip. It usually is not a problem due to the amount of fish holding on the spot. Of course, in the deeper water evena 10ft tall structure looks small.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Unless you actually attend the deployment, how do you know that your reef has been deployed?

And that the exact same reef has not been "deployed" for more than one customer?

The above is not directed at or in relation to any reef builder in particular. Just a general question.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
johnsonbeachbum (12/3/2009)Unless you actually attend the deployment, how do you know that your reef has been deployed?
And that the exact same reef has not been "deployed" for more than one customer?

The above is not directed at or in relation to any reef builder in particular. Just a general question.
Like Eugene said, You have to trust the company. It would only take one or two rip-offs in our small community to know somthing wasn't legit. I have never heard of a reef building company in our area ripping people off. Also, if you suspect or find someone else fishing your spot, most of the companies will move your reef for you so that it is private again...

·
Registered
138 Posts
The issue of how to give the reef buying customer confidence has been a challenge. We have tried many different aproaches but in the end it really comes down to trust. For everything I can come up to guarantee security I can think of a way to end run that measure. We have allowed people to ride along or meet us on location but that does not guarantee that we will not double sell the numbers.

At this point we have very few new customers who want just one spot. Most of our customers are ordering whole loads (30 coups) and are repeat business so we are past the question of trust. It is public information that the owners of this business are doing this as a resource to the area and not to feed their families. As such,I would rather give the guy his hard earned money back than take a ding on my reputation becausehe cant find the spot. I wouldnt say we have an absolute 100%money back return policy in every circumstance but in this case he has asked me to go find it and Ihave not had the time to do so. With the other customer that could not find his spotwas able to find it and give him the corrected numbers pretty quickly so I didnt offer his money back...of course he didnt ask either.

So....you guys all buy your wives chicken coups for Christmas!!!

·
Your mom's a
6,790 Posts
Bfish,

I'm sure you will. I've worked with company since its inception and even pushed hard for them to get the pyramid reefs we deployed back in June. They're good guys and my first choice when it comes to dropping anything out there if I can't get it done myself.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's been since 12/3 and I have still not received my refund. I have left voicemails ,done several emails and am using this forum. I'll let you all know if he keeps his word.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts