Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
left the dock at 9am with hopes of getting out in the gulf for a bit.. live well: finger mullet, pinfish, live shrimp

I wanted to try to catch some mix bottom fish off the massachussets and drift baits in our chum slickfor cobia.. We made it out there with strong current and solid chop.. Anchor and fish briefly with one good break off and decide to head to calm and more enjoyable waters..

Moved to the jetties and found a school of nice upper slot reds. Majority of them right at 26ish.. Had some fun on light tackle.. We had a great anchor with jettie bottom marking from 30 ft. to 40 ft. on the sway.. The bite on the bottom or atthose depths seemedto produce nothing (live shrimp, pinfish, and finger mullet). Fan casts nadad.. only fish were in the deep pockets by the jetties.. Redfish bite ceased.. so we moved on to drop on some ledges I have marked in the pass..

We caught a19" red grouper and 26" red snapper on the 1st and second drift.. then the bite ceased again..

Tried a few more ledges on the way in with a few tap's (snappers) but no takers (probably small)

Sorry for pictures.

-K

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey todd! nice fish! were you out there on thursday? what boat were you on? Nice red!

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey this is mike! thanks again for taking me out man! great day! fun fishing. the snapper was one of the bigger ones i ever caught and it is all thanks to Karma and his knowledge of the bay. I just dropped the bait and boom!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts