Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pensacola Inshore Fishing Report 12-21-11

We beat the rain! Had the pleasure of fishing with a group of folks that have lost their way and moved from our area. They gather here every year as a family to celebrate the holidays and wanted to do a little fishing while they were here. With mild temps but a looming front we made the call to give them hell this morning. Launched from Shoreline park this morning and headed to the pass in search of a few slot reds. We caught several Red snapper and a few redfish but it was solid fish catching action. I suggested that we move in to the bay to search for the Bull reds and had no opposition. We looked for about 30-45 minutes and pulled a few lipped baits thru the bait and bird but no luck. George wanted some fish for dinner and with only on keeper Redfish in the well we moved to 3 mile and commenced crushing the white trout. We caught 50+ in a little over 30 minutes and called it a day. We fished all live bait in the pass and used Gulp shrimp on 3/4 oz jig heads for the trout. I had a great time and I'm looking forward to a few more trips next week. This cool weather should push the bulls back up to the top!

·
Registered
862 Posts
Nice work! we weren't able to make the weather window...wish i could have made it out..we were able to catch bulls on saturday..we trolled for them with no luck but then we pulled up close to were we saw birds and dropped menhaden and that did the trick

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Inshore charters Pensacola

Thanks Pork! I did drop a few jigs down under the birds but nada. I really didn't mark anything either. This cold weather should get em kicked up a little better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts