Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got out last weekend, had fun and bent rods - nothing we were fishing for . We will be after our targets again tomorrow morning... Grouper/sheeps/mangroves and last week we saw a HUGE line of boats from N to S by the old coast gaurd station/facility . Is this where the "pipes" area is ? We were looking for a rocky area but never found one and were hesitant to go around all the boats. Hopefully we will be the early birds tomorrow. Any suggestions ? TY peeps :)

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I'm not sure about that area but have you tried the west jetties off ft Pickens. It's usually loaded with sheepshead during spawn and it probably has lots of mangroves

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
If it was a huge line of boats around there I'm guessing there was a school or two of bull reds in the area, and they were camping those.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Small (14-16 inch) gags and no sheepshead yesterday....didn't make it to west of Pickens rocky area, but next good weather we on it !!! Going to keep after it till we find the keeper gags (22 inch I believe) and the sheeps. Tons of hard tails and bait fish ot tho, it looked really nice and I'm sure some folks out there got their sheeps and grouper...but it wasn't us. Diligence and stay at it and we willll find the correct locations and approach. A great day out in the day tho....cold weather coming !!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts