Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iam afraid to say this for fear of starting a revolution, but over the past few months, I have noticed that our Pensacola Inshore reports have gravitated to theFrt Walton area, the Destin area, the Mobile Area, and now we have the Sea Grove area, which has no inshore fishing that I know of.

Now, the Perdido area certainly has some overlap, no problem....and.....I think what the guys are doing in Kayaks at Seagrovesounds like awesome fun, Kudos to them, honestly that sounds like a blast!!! :bowdown

But if we have a section of the forum for Inshore fishing in Pensacola, then it would seem to me that inshore fishing in the Pensacola area is what we should be concentrating on.

any comments???

:popcorn

·
Registered
798 Posts
I know what you mean bay pirate. It takes me atleast a minute and a half to read through all the out of pensacola bay reports while looking for a local report. Geassseeee..... Haven't you posted numerous times of reports as far as Carabelle or Port St Joe? I personally like the mix of the regional FWB, Destin, PC, etc. reports mixed in with our local 3 mile bridge or Pensacola Pass reports. Spices up my morning read a bit.

You're right, lately the kayak guys have been gettin them some...:bowdown

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jimmyjams4110 (6/30/2008)I know what you mean bay pirate. It takes me atleast a minute and a half to read through all the out of pensacola bay reports while looking for a local report. Geassseeee..... Haven't you posted numerous times of reports as far as Carabelle or Port St Joe? I personally like the mix of the regional FWB, Destin, PC, etc. reports mixed in with our local 3 mile bridge or Pensacola Pass reports. Spices up my morning read a bit.

You're right, lately the kayak guys have been gettin them some...:bowdown
Jimmy,

You bring up a good point about reports from locals that have visited other areas in the Panhandle! However, in that case we are Pensacola locals sharing experiences from within our region, andin my case; in the event someone else wants to try the same area I felt this was the forum.

Iwas never sure where to put that, but I felt like, hey, maybe Jimmy (you for example)would like to try that area.That's different than Kingfish caught off the beach, I meanI would love it if we could catch Kingfish with an inshore gulp, but I'm not spending my gas chasing that dream!

I am thankful for all of the info we get here, it has made me a better fisherman, it's just lately the reports form other areas have left measking, where that place for example????

ThenI find out it's 50 or 100miles away, that's all.

happy fishing!!

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,613 Posts
OK I'll bite. WHERE does it say Pensacola Inshore Fishing Reports???? Last time I checked it was Inshore Reports.

Lighten up, besides, shouldn't this topic be in Inshore Fishing- General Q&A?

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kanaka (7/1/2008)OK I'll bite. WHERE does it say Pensacola Inshore Fishing Reports????
I guess, I would askwhat inshorereports wouldyouexpect to find for example if you went to a site calledthe "Jacksonville" Fishing Forum?

·
Praedator
9,924 Posts
kanaka (7/1/2008)OK I'll bite. WHERE does it say Pensacola Inshore Fishing Reports???? Last time I checked it was Inshore Reports.
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=SmallTxt>

Inshore Reports From Out Of The Area

As membership grows, so does the span of our membership. People just post and are wanting to share thier experience with others. Plain and simple really. Bay Pirate, don't get too caught up in the whole "posted in the wrong section" thing. I agree with you andI wish folks used the "out of the area" report section more. But hey, don't sweat the small stuff. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
BP,

You know as well as most on the old forum I would post at least one new post a week. The problem is is that times have changed you can not hardly post a picture of fish you are catching unless you are laying on the deck of your boat or in the driveway with dead fish. I let 99.9% of the fish that I catch go so no posts. Because you post a picture here you will have every one and their brother trying to disect the photo dock, shoreline,etc......... to see where you are fishing then they show up their and ruin the spot. I as well enjoy reading your post and everyone elses posts. But Jimmys right when he states a pensacola post insures you pretty much of a pass or 3mile bridge report. I of one don't really care about the 3mile or the pass so I enjoy reading about PC and Destin. If you haven't had the opportunity to fish west bay or east bay even north bay all I say is GO!!!!!!!!!!! It is a amazing fishery!!!!!!!!!Hope I did not offend any of you guys but if I did get over it! Remember that this is a public opinion based forum and we are all entitled to one so voice it!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts