Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

guided Brad, his wife, and two kids from Kentucky today. We left shoreline at noon and headed to the pass. The jetties were covered with boats so we fished a bunch of deep water numbers I have. They bite was none stop throughout the afternoon.

I have found lately that the outgoing tide in that deep water makes for a much more consistant bite. As of the last two weeks the fish seem to shut down a little on an incoming tide. I have also found the sheepshead have been growing a couple pounds when you fish the deeper water. For some reason the fish around the jetties and some of the shallow water holes have not been as big this year. I think the water still needs to warm up a couple degrees...

Final tally for the day...

12 big sheeps
2 legal gags
tons of snapper
8 or 10 slot reds

Geat job guys!!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Not to pry too much, but how much weight do you need to keep the bait on the bottom in that outgoing tide? Did you anchor or drift? I was out there yesterday at about noon and the swift tide and wind made for an unpleasant experience. Thanks. Great report much appreciated.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Nice catch! I'm afraid by the time I get a boat this summer, I'll be Texas and the only thing they brag about is catching big specks. Whoopie doo!!:reallycrying

·
Registered
807 Posts
Ajerv...if you just pampered yourself once with capt brant for a 4 hour trip you would learn so much that you would never have another bad day experience on the water.

i myself am thinking about booking a trip with him!

if the wind is blowing and tide ripping sometimes you need as much as 6 ounces to keep you close to the bottom.

i myself will not drift and fish if i need more than 3 ounces.

tight lines and great fishing adventures!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Good job!!! Way to get them on some fish. I agree..just a few degrees warmer water temps and it will get better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts