Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pensacola Beach Inshore fishing charter 1-05-12

I fished with two great guys today from Montana. They catch river trout and catfish regularly but wanted to feel the power of a saltwater fish. I told them this time of year it shouldn’t be a problem and off we went. We left out of Shoreline Park at 8:00 am and headed into the gulf to look for the big schools of bull reds we have been catching. Well about an hour into our search I got the feeling they were under dressed and I was ready to hear some drag. So we headed to the beaches. We found several single fish and even two schools of about 20 black drum cruising the shallows. My guys did great seeing the fish, casting to them and getting them to eat artificial baits! We ended up with several great light tackle battles, a few close calls, a couple of near misses, and ah shits. We all had a great time!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Keep an eye on those schools of reds for me Dusty! Hopefully we'll have a nice day sometime soon for sight fishing some reds on artificials. Oh and good luck to your boys on Monday...it's gonna be a heck of a game I think.:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
:thumbup:..yep, those pull a little better than trout...good job Capt...

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Very nice !!!!!!!!! Good catch :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Scott

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pensacola Inshore Fishing Report

Thanks guys! The Black drum were in 3ft of water.

I will save you some Trip. Enjoy the game and I will see you next week!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts