Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Pensacola Hobie Retailer

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Shark Sugar 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, I’ll be moving down to Pensacola this September and am looking to buy a Hobie Outback. I saw that the nearest dealer is Key Sailing in Pensacola Beach. Would you recommend this dealer? Or is there any reason I should drive a little further to buy from Half Hitch in Destin or another dealer? I’ve tried to find reviews for Key Sailing but i get the feeling they mostly handle rentals and tourists and that going to another dealer may be a better option in terms of service.
Please tell me if I’m wrong. Looking forward to joining the community!

#5 ·
Check with Pensacola Kayak and Sail as well. They sell a variety of stuff. They are usually very helpful, but I have not really done any price comparisons.

#8 · (Edited)
So I recently had to have my mirage drive repaired due to a snapped cable and discovered in my opinion the best kayak shop around...its a drive from Pensacola as they're located at Santa Rosa Beach along 30A, but if you're up for the drive they are well worth it. Yellowfin Ocean Sports. They sale nothing but hobies and are a hobie approved repair center and a great bunch of guys that know what they are doing and want to help you. Any store will gladly sell you a kayak, but these dudes will really help you out as this is all they do, and top notch repair/service. Hell, you might become fishin buddies with them. Can't recommend these guys enough. Yellowfin Ocean Sports | Ocean Sports Gear & Apparel in Seagrove, Watercolor, and Grayton, 30A Florida

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.