Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday (Tuesday October 2, 2007) my 20 year old little sister was car jacked. She was helping a friend move into a house on South Davis Highway. She had borrowed my father's truck to help with the move. She left the house to go to the convenience store to pick up something to drink. She turned right on to Davis and then turned on Brainerd to head back towards 12th avenue to find a store. At the intersection of 6th and Brainerd, a man yelled at her to stop. Thinking that she had left something on top of the car, she naively stopped. When she did, 9 men ran out of the yards and houses on 6th and Brainerd. They surrounded her car, one pulled out a gun and yelled at her to get out of the car. Another man jumped into the window of her car. One well meaning citizen in that neighborhood yelled at her to "get out of here girl." She stepped on the gas and sped down the street. She was in hysterics at this point. She drove to her friend's house right down the road and got him to drive her to the Pensacola Police Department where she gave a statement and had the truck finger printed. Upon giving her statement, she was told by the Pensacola Police Department that 6th and Brainerd is a known crack house. They got her contact information and told her that a detective would come and take her statement the next day. After talking to her on the phone and hearing the whole story, I assured her that there was no way that these guys would get away with this. She had given the Pensacola Police an exact description of both the location and the individuals involved, and had immediately gone to the police department and evidence was collected from the truck. Sounded pretty open and shut to me. Well, the investigator came out to her house today and interviewed her. He spent 15 minutes getting her statement about the event, and then spent the rest of his time asking her why she was in that neighborhood (basically accusing her of buying crack.) This is absolutely unacceptable. There is a known crackhouse in Pensacola, Florida that is blocks away from the Pensacola Police Department, and when my sister has a gun pulled on her and her life threatened, she is questioned about whether or not she is a crack head. I am waiting to see if the Pensacola Police Department is going to step up to the plate and make some arrests in this matter. I hope that I will not be let down by my own city's police department, but we will see. I will update as this unfolds. But in the mean time avoid 6th and Brainerd, because I'm sure that there are other people in Pensacola that are as unaware as my family was that there is a crack house at this intersection, and I would hate to see this happen to someone else. Needless to say, she will be purchasing a gun in the near future which she will carry with her at all times. Its sad that in downtown Pensacola, Florida having a gun to drive the streets is a necessity these days, but I guess that's the world we live in.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Sorry to hear about that,i am glad she managed to get out of there safe though.Maybe everyone will get lucky and the police department will stepup and do something.Glad she is ok.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I hope they find the dirtbags. Glad to hear your sis is OK. I have a known crack house nextdoor to me, the cops have raided it twice in the last week. I am putting a big fence up to stop the dirtbags from running through my backyard to get away. A sign of the times I guess.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,544 Posts
wow Glad the outcome turned out like it did. Glad she wasn't hurt, killed or raped. Hope they clean up the problem there.

:banghead

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Thank God she got away!!! Geeeeez... This place is getting worst and worst!! I remember when you never hardlyheard a siren over here in Pace... and now I am hearing them more and it's a shame. It was just such a peacefull area.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I agree, call the News Journal, and channel 3.Put some pressure on the Police Department.She did the right thing, to bad she didn't run over one of the scum bags.

·
Registered
5,877 Posts
One... I would of gotten smart with the Officer given the report, if he was askin me if i was down the buying crack.... (2) I hope she takes the CCW class for carrying the weapon... I took mine about a month ago and sent my paperwork in and I'm awaiting for it to come back... But what good would a gun do when she's by herself and has what'd you say 6 guys surrounding the car and one has a gun, ya take the one out with the gun but that does'nt mean the other 5 wont have any... I would of done just like she did, stomped on the gas and hoped to drag/run over one on the way out..

·
Praedator
9,972 Posts
More and more violent criminal activity seems to be going on in our area.I am glad everything ended fine with your sister, and I am sure she is shaken up pretty good. It is my worse fear that something will happen to either my wife or my daughter when I am not there to be able to protect them. Please, please ensure that those you love are able to protect themselves from senseless criminals.

Jon

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I appreciate all of the support. I hope that I can count on the Pensacola Police Department to step up to the plate and take care of this. I have faith in the system until it lets me down. Hopefully I won't have to lose my faith on this one.

I got the PM and I will be doing that soon. Thanks.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Sorry this happened to her. Like the others said, if you report it to the pnj I'm sure there would be a story, likely just moving the crack house tho.

On a side note, if she was in hysterics after she just ran away, and didnt drive herself to the pd, I dont think a gun will do any good. Especially in that situation, she wouldnt have had time to get it out, if she was trying to get it out, very well could have taken a bullet. She did the absolute best thing she could have done, second to not stopping.

For the average person, probably myself included, a gun wont help on surprise attacks, only when your ready....

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I fully plan to make this public knowledge no matter what the outcome is. That will be my goal no matter what. No one should have to go through this, or have one of their family members go through this.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Spearfisher, I'm glad your sister is ok and hope they can identify and prosecute those involved. She did the right thing and I agree a gun would not have mattered in this case unless it went really bad really quick then it might have helped, but not likely.I feel a little insight from the policepoint of view might enlighten you and those not involved in investigations.I wasn't there and don't know the investigator,his demeanor,the tone usedor the nature of the questions but I've been in the investigators shoes numerous times.

NO INFERENCE INTENDED TOWARD YOUR SISTER.

Often people find themselves in places doing the wrong thing and end up victims of crime while engaged in criminal activity themselves.More often in these circumstances they are using the police as an alibi to either justify money they spent,something they sold or stole from another by reporting a theft or robbery. It might be a "race" to the police station where the first one to report becomes the victim.Even some getting caught in affairs or going on a 2 or three day crack benge will report all kinds of ridiculous stories to the police so they will have an "official" police report that accounts for their whereabouts or currrent self imposed plight.

IN NO WAY AM I INFERRING THESE WERE THE CIRCUMSTANCES WITH YOUR SISTER'S SITUATION.

The police have to determine what happened and that requires extensive questioning for two reasons. First they need to get as much detail as they can since they weren't there to recreate EXACTLY as possible the chain of events leading up to, during and after the crime.Second, they are in the business of criminal prosecution.Thisrequires themto ask uncomfortable questions because they don't want to look like bafoons in court when all the defendants say " She rolled up and wanted some rocks." Junebug went to the stash came back and bitch pulled a gun and tried to rob us.They have to investigate crimes regardless of the victim or the circumstances.However due to manpower shortages cases and solvability factors have to be prioritised.From your point of view which case would you want them to focus their time on, the crackhead that was a victim of an attempted carjacking the day before or your sister's?

Trust me they don't want a crackhouse down the street anymore than you or any other citizen does.Most of the crime in your community revolves around illegal drug trade and usage, from petty theft,shoplifting,burglaries to armed robberies and homicides.I hope this gives a different perspective and understanding of why they do the things they do.

·
Registered
387 Posts
inform the news journal and the independent news,always remember to not stop when someone yells at you to stop unless they are a uniformed officer,find the closest well lit place and call the police immediately.

·
Registered
354 Posts
THe PD knows about that crack house and has for awhile. THat area is designated as a revitilization area and several people have built new construction houses that are eligible for grants from the city. But a big problem has been the area and its inhabitants, people still see tha crack houses and the otherwise still rough neighborhood making it hard to sell the properties.The PD has gotten complaints and nothing has been done about that particular house. It is very obvious which house it is, thereare usually severalyounger guys sitting on the porch in the middle of the day most all the time one would think these would be crack dealers. It seems that some Law enforcement would go and bust the sh*t out of that place and that would help tremendously, just shut them down. This is an embarassment to the PD having that exist blocks from their office.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I'm glad to hear your sister's ok.

I am a gun owner, and I think every law-abiding citizen should have one (or twelve).

But, in that situation, the best thing to do is exactly what your sister did... get the hell out of there. It's just too bad a couple of those pieces of garbage weren't in front of the truck when she hit the gas. Perpetrators of violent crime have no purpose in this world.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
surfstryker (10/3/2007)I hope they find the dirtbags. Glad to hear your sis is OK. I have a known crack house nextdoor to me, the cops have raided it twice in the last week. I am putting a big fence up to stop the dirtbags from running through my backyard to get away. A sign of the times I guess.
If these slime bags are running thru your yard, that would be trespassing and you have the right protect with deadly force.:blownaway

·
Registered
913 Posts
That sucks about your sister glad everything turned out ok. Like everyone said her having a gun in this situation probably would not have made any difference by the time she pulled it out they would have been all over her and things could have turned out a lot worse. As far as this crack house I am sure that this will be taken care of maybe there are feds or dea agents watching to build a trafficking case depending on how much weight these dealers are moving who knows like I said glad she is ok.

·
Registered
222 Posts
David Ridenour (10/4/2007)Spearfisher, I'm glad your sister is ok and hope they can identify and prosecute those involved. She did the right thing and I agree a gun would not have mattered in this case unless it went really bad really quick then it might have helped, but not likely.I feel a little insight from the policepoint of view might enlighten you and those not involved in investigations.I wasn't there and don't know the investigator,his demeanor,the tone usedor the nature of the questions but I've been in the investigators shoes numerous times.

NO INFERENCE INTENDED TOWARD YOUR SISTER.

Often people find themselves in places doing the wrong thing and end up victims of crime while engaged in criminal activity themselves.More often in these circumstances they are using the police as an alibi to either justify money they spent,something they sold or stole from another by reporting a theft or robbery. It might be a "race" to the police station where the first one to report becomes the victim.Even some getting caught in affairs or going on a 2 or three day crack benge will report all kinds of ridiculous stories to the police so they will have an "official" police report that accounts for their whereabouts or currrent self imposed plight.

IN NO WAY AM I INFERRING THESE WERE THE CIRCUMSTANCES WITH YOUR SISTER'S SITUATION.

The police have to determine what happened and that requires extensive questioning for two reasons. First they need to get as much detail as they can since they weren't there to recreate EXACTLY as possible the chain of events leading up to, during and after the crime.Second, they are in the business of criminal prosecution.Thisrequires themto ask uncomfortable questions because they don't want to look like bafoons in court when all the defendants say " She rolled up and wanted some rocks." Junebug went to the stash came back and bitch pulled a gun and tried to rob us.They have to investigate crimes regardless of the victim or the circumstances.However due to manpower shortages cases and solvability factors have to be prioritised.From your point of view which case would you want them to focus their time on, the crackhead that was a victim of an attempted carjacking the day before or your sister's?

Trust me they don't want a crackhouse down the street anymore than you or any other citizen does.Most of the crime in your community revolves around illegal drug trade and usage, from petty theft,shoplifting,burglaries to armed robberies and homicides.I hope this gives a different perspective and understanding of why they do the things they do.

Thanks David, that is an interesting slant, never would of thought of that. Then again, most of us on this forum have no need to think like a criminal, I would hope. Regardless of the circumstances though, I agree with the others that this "known" crack house needs to be dealt with and with a quickness.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts