Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pensacola - The following roads will be closed from 8:00am until 11:00am Tuesday due to President Obama's visit to the Pensacola area:

I-110 South of Cervantes St.

Gregory Street in Pensacola

The 3 Mile Bridge into Gulf Breeze

Highway 98 in Gulf Breeze from the 3 mile bridge to Bayshore Road (just beyond the Gulf Islands National Seashore on Hwy 98)<span style="DISPLAY: none">Roads Closed Tuesday for Presidential Visit

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
BananaTom (14/06/2010)Pensacola - The following roads will be closed from 8:00am until 11:00am Tuesday due to President Obama's visit to the Pensacola area:

I-110 South of Cervantes St.

Gregory Street in Pensacola

The 3 Mile Bridge into Gulf Breeze

Highway 98 in Gulf Breeze from the 3 mile bridge to Bayshore Road (just beyond the Gulf Islands National Seashore on Hwy 98)<span style="DISPLAY: none">Roads Closed Tuesday for Presidential Visit
That's about stupid, they couldn't find a Helicopter to land him on the beach? Instead they are going to close parts of I-110 and Hwy 98, talk about a traffic mess from Hell!

·
SaltWaterDave
1,847 Posts
<table cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><tbody><tr><td vAlign=top>
<table style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" height=541 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width=450 align=center border=0><tbody><tr><td vAlign=top width="50%">
</td><td vAlign=center align=middle width="50%">
</td></tr><tr><td vAlign=top colSpan=2>**HIGHWAY 98 SHUT DOWN for <span class=yshortcuts id=lw_1276535924_0 style="BACKGROUND: none transparent scroll repeat 0% 0%; CURSOR: hand; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none"><span class=yshortcuts id=lw_1276535685_0>PRESIDENTIAL MOTORCADE**
Tuesday, June 15th 2010 from 8AM to 11AM
<span class=yshortcuts id=lw_1276535924_1 style="CURSOR: hand; BORDER-BOTTOM: #366388 2px dotted"><span class=yshortcuts id=lw_1276535685_1>Highway 98 (<span class=yshortcuts id=lw_1276535924_2><span class=yshortcuts id=lw_1276535685_2>Gulf Breeze Parkway) will be completely closed to traffic from 8am to 11am on Tuesday, June 15th 2010. The President will be visiting the <span class=yshortcuts id=lw_1276535924_3><span class=yshortcuts id=lw_1276535685_3>Pensacola Beach area. Due to safety concerns by <span class=yshortcuts id=lw_1276535924_4><span class=yshortcuts id=lw_1276535685_4>Secret Service and presidential staff, Highway 98 will be entirely closed to traffic from 8am to 11am on Tuesday. <p align="left">No vehicles will be allowed to enter Highway 98 during this time. The closed area will begin at <span class=yshortcuts id=lw_1276535924_5 style="CURSOR: hand; BORDER-BOTTOM: #366388 2px dotted"><span class=yshortcuts id=lw_1276535685_5>Gulf Breeze City limits at Bayshore Road and extend into <span class=yshortcuts id=lw_1276535924_6><span class=yshortcuts id=lw_1276535685_6>Pensacola. </p><p align="left"></p><p align="left">Please make necessary arrangements to travel through Gulf Breeze PRIOR to 8am. Areas of downtown Pensacola will be closed prior to 8am and no vehicles will be allowed on Pensacola Beach after 8am as well.
</p><span class=671093800-02052010><span class=671093800-02052010>Please feel free to forward this email to neighbors and area residents.
</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

·
Registered
57 Posts
<span style="font-size: 9pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: 'Verdana','sans-serif'">This is the most absurd thing I've heard in a while. Why would anyone shut down a major highway so they could get a photo op and feel good about themselves. If Obama wants to make us feel better, show it by actions, not by disrupting our businesses and lives. Isn't he the one that criticized BP for buying "feel good'TV and newspaper ads? Isn't he doing the same thing? What about the poor folks traveling this way that don't know? How far do you think traffic will back up on 98?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

<span style="font-size: 9pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: 'Verdana','sans-serif'">Give me a break!<o:p></o:p>

·
Registered
120 Posts
Catman38

How far do you think traffic will back up on 98?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
I would say at least to Wally World in Gulf Breeze, sure wish they would do away with the bridge toll for tomorrow, like that really going to happen...

I wonder if they are going to allow local people with signs to display them on the route?

·
Registered
13,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oceansbreeze (14/06/2010)
Catman38

How far do you think traffic will back up on 98?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
I would say at least to Wally World in Gulf Breeze, sure wish they would do away with the bridge toll for tomorrow, like that really going to happen...

I wonder if they are going to allow local people with signs to display them on the route?
Send a email to FHP and ask if the Garcon Bridge will be free tomorrow to this address:

[url="mailto:[email protected]"][email protected][/url]

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
BananaTom (14/06/2010)Garcon Point Bridge should be "FREE" during this cluster event!!!

So let me see if I get this right.They are closing the bay bridges because obama is coming.Obama is coming because of the BP oil spill.BP is responsible for all costs related to the oil spill.I will have to pay tolls across Garcon Pointe bridge in order to get to Pensacola, an expense I would not have to pay if not for Obama coming because of the
BP oil spill.Therefore, BP is responsible for my bridge tolls. Where do I send the bill.

Fact is, us taxpayers are paying the very expensive bill for Obama, motorcades, security etc. Why not spend that money on some skimmers, or straws?Man, I'm pissed.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
BananaTom (14/06/2010)Garcon Point Bridge should be "FREE" during this cluster event!!!
they have fallen behind on their bond payments several times, so that not ever happening!

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Yeah, great Idea BO. Completely shut down business for 4 hours for already hurting businesses. I'm thinking this is one very expensive photo. I live in GB proper, so I'm a prisoner in my home all morning and my office staff cannot come to work until after lunch because BO wants a picture. Brilliant!

·
Registered
13,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Email of <span style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'; font-size: 10pt">Will the toll be lifted on Garcon due to Government forced road closures tomorrow? <span style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'; font-size: 10pt">Thank you,<span style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'; font-size: 10pt">Tom. to:

<span style="COLOR: blue; font-size: 12pt">Donna Tucker, <span style="COLOR: blue; font-size: 12pt">Executive Director, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on"><span style="COLOR: blue; font-size: 12pt">Santa Rosa</st1:placeName><span style="COLOR: blue"> <st1:placeType w:st="on">County</st1:placeType></st1:place><span style="COLOR: blue"> Chamber of Commerce <span style="COLOR: blue; font-size: 12pt">& <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Tourist</st1:placeName> <st1:placeName w:st="on">Information</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">Center </st1:placeType></st1:place><st1:Street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on"><span style="COLOR: blue; font-size: 12pt">5247 Stewart Street, </st1:address></st1:Street><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on"><span style="COLOR: blue; font-size: 12pt">Milton</st1:City><span style="COLOR: blue">, <st1:State w:st="on">Florida</st1:State> <st1:postalCode w:st="on">32570 </st1:postalCode></st1:place><span style="COLOR: blue; font-size: 12pt">Phone: 850-623-2339 <span style="COLOR: blue; font-size: 12pt">Email: [url="mailto:[email protected]"][email protected][/url]

<span style="COLOR: blue; font-size: 12pt"><span style="COLOR: blue"><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p>Produce this responce:</o:p>

<span style="COLOR: blue"><o:p><p class=MsoNormal><span style="COLOR: blue; font-size: 12pt; FONT-WEIGHT: bold">Yes, from what I understand a lot of the traffic will be diverted to Garcon Point Bridge. <span style="COLOR: blue; font-size: 12pt">Donna Tucker</p><p class=MsoNormal><span style="COLOR: blue; font-size: 12pt"></p><p class=MsoNormal><span style="COLOR: blue; font-size: 12pt"></p><p class=MsoNormal><span style="COLOR: blue; font-size: 12pt">Email of "<span style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'; font-size: 10pt">Will the toll be lifted on Garcon due to Government forced road closures tomorrow?<span style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'; font-size: 10pt">Thank you,<span style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'; font-size: 10pt">Tom. to: <span style="COLOR: blue; font-size: 12pt">[email protected]
<span style="COLOR: blue; font-size: 12pt"></p><p class=MsoNormal><span style="COLOR: blue; font-size: 12pt">Produced this response:</p><span style="COLOR: blue; font-size: 12pt"><p class=MsoNormal><span style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; COLOR: #1f497d; font-size: 11pt">"That will be left up to Highway Patrol and the Florida Department of Transportation"</p><p class=MsoNormal><span style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; COLOR: #1f497d; font-size: 11pt"></p><p class=MsoNormal><span style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; COLOR: #1f497d; font-size: 11pt">Email to FHP has produce NO response!!!<o:p></o:p></p><p class=MsoNormal><span style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; COLOR: #1f497d; font-size: 11pt"><o:p></o:p></p><p class=MsoNormal><span style="COLOR: blue; font-size: 12pt"><span style="COLOR: blue"><o:p></o:p></p></o:p><span style="COLOR: blue"><o:p></o:p><span style="COLOR: blue"><o:p></o:p>

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,258 Posts
Is the motorcade required to pay the toll to get on the beach like the rest of us? I hope the GBPD gets one of them for speeding thru GB Proper! There where cops lined up on Barrancus ave. so I guess the savior of the gulf is coming this way,whoopie! Would I get into trouble if I threw a tar ball(that I'm not legally supposed to pick up)at his car?

·
Registered
13,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bonita dan (14/06/2010)Is the motorcade required to pay the toll to get on the beach like the rest of us? I hope the GBPD gets one of them for speeding thru GB Proper!
How about the automated Red Light Camera at the High School in GB, gets a pic of the vehicles running the red light, and Gulf Breeze automatically sends a ticket to the White House.

That would be Way Cool!!!!

·
Super Moderator
19,476 Posts
bonita dan (14/06/2010)Is the motorcade required to pay the toll to get on the beach like the rest of us? I hope the GBPD gets one of them for speeding thru GB Proper! There where cops lined up on Barrancus ave. so I guess the savior of the gulf is coming this way,whoopie! Would I get into trouble if I threw a tar ball(that I'm not legally supposed to pick up)at his car?
The PFF will bail you out.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
BananaTom (14/06/2010)
bonita dan (14/06/2010)Is the motorcade required to pay the toll to get on the beach like the rest of us? I hope the GBPD gets one of them for speeding thru GB Proper!
How about the automated Red Light Camera at the High School in GB, gets a pic of the vehicles running the red light, and Gulf Breeze automatically sends a ticket to the White House.

That would be Way Cool!!!!
I believe the cameras have been taken down.

Jimmy

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
bonita dan (14/06/2010)Is the motorcade required to pay the toll to get on the beach like the rest of us? I hope the GBPD gets one of them for speeding thru GB Proper! There where cops lined up on Barrancus ave. so I guess the savior of the gulf is coming this way,whoopie! Would I get into trouble if I threw a tar ball(that I'm not legally supposed to pick up)at his car?
You better not throw a tarball....obama is already lookin for someones ass to kick. There is nothing that strikes more fear in the worlds heart than obama coming at ya all pissed off. (except Iran,China, Pakistan, Afganistan, North Korea, or any man or womanthat weighs over 130 lbs.)

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Splittine (14/06/2010)
The PFF will bail you out.
dont encourage him

lmao

·
Your mom's a
6,790 Posts
Do y'all not remember when they shut all the roads down Dubya?

Once for Ivan and once just because he was tooling through on a bus or something stupid.

Get over it folks, it's how it's always been done.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts