Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
The Tourist
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to do another group trip and IceLogger will be here from California (and a few other places) and I know he wants to get out as well.

I'm thinking Launch at chicken bone then make our way to the pass, from the pass we'll go south and hit all the inshore reefs along the way looking for topwater action and see if the Cobia are starting to thicken up. after hitting the cluster of reefs out by the barges we'll go south again and aim for the Liberty ship and hit a couple holes out that way while trolling deep divers and Dusters. once done at the outside reefs we'll aim for the pier then troll the 50ft mark back to chicken bone.

just trolling it should take around 6-7 hours and if we stop a lot it will be almost all day. It might be a good idea to designate groups of 3-4 kayaks to keep track of each other easier.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I lost my only duster!! and I got to have the money to get to the beach. im still in high school and I got a girlfriend... dances... woo-hoo...

·
Registered
85 Posts
I will be in town and would love to go. I bought an Outback a while back and have not taken it out in the gulf.

·
central florida refugee
571 Posts
im in !! never been out that far in the kayak but im ready and waiting for a group outing like this i missed the pier to pier last week by a day......keep us posted

·
Terrible Fisherman
384 Posts
I lost my only duster!! and I got to have the money to get to the beach. im still in high school and I got a girlfriend... dances... woo-hoo...
Yo homie you dont need a duster just drag a cigar minnow on a home made king rig its super cheap!!!! :thumbsup:

·
The Tourist
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yo homie you dont need a duster just drag a cigar minnow on a home made king rig its super cheap!!!! :thumbsup:
i have a few red and white dusters, some #4 and #6 wire and a pack of trebles. im sure we can put something together.

·
Registered
825 Posts

I like the duster. I was having all the luck on the pier to pier trip until I made a dummy mistake and lost mine. when I started trolling just a minnow I stopped having runs. the rig was homemade though.

and I know sea rover... she just pissed me off.... im in:thumbup::thumbup:

·
central florida refugee
571 Posts
has anyone ever tried throwing a skirt from a spinnerbait in front of a cigar minnow ??? ive got a pile of them and have no interest in bass fishing

·
The Tourist
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You know damn well if Remi came over to spend the night Hannah would make you sleep on the couch! No chance of you finding a spot with Noodles, Aspen and Remi in the house. What time are we fishing tomorrow? UGLY
haha. true.

not sure. im off around 1ish. have to go take care of med. stuff, hit the gym and work those beach muscles then im going to try to find another ray.

has anyone tried a spinner bait with a stinger hook and cig? i feel like a buzz bait would get their attention too.

·
I'd Love to Catch a
3,904 Posts
Matt just remove that girlfriend of yours & you won't have any more cash problems! I promise; it worked for me! :thumbup: Haha. Good luck finding that cash though.

1 - 20 of 132 Posts