Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's time for the Pensacola Fairgrounds gun show again this weekend...

Anyone planning to go?

Each time I waste $7 on it I promise myself I won't do it again...

If Deadeye Luke plans to be there - I suppose I'll go to get a few needed holsters.

·
Registered
8,389 Posts
Probably not. Too far and too much to get in.
What are this guy's holsters made of ? Are they leather, Kydex, nylon, what ? I need a holster for my CW9.

·
Banned
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Probably not. Too far and too much to get in.
What are this guy's holsters made of ? Are they leather, Kydex, nylon, what ? I need a holster for my CW9.
He makes Kydex holsters. Simple, thin, relatively inexpensive....the most comfortable holster I have for my G29SF is a Dead Eye Luke.

http://deadeyeluke.com/

I need one for my XDS with TLR3 attached -- as well as one for my P9S and Romanian TTC Tokarev...

Shipping costs would probably equal or exceed the admission fee -- so I'll probably shell it out to go if he is there. I emailed Mark and I'll post his response as soon as I get one.

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,605 Posts
I'm going, I need to get rid of the ole pre 64....

·
Banned
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, just communicated with him on email. He will be there. He's hoping Capt Ron will stop by to see him -- he wants some shooting tips... ;)

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
My friend Dean will be there selling reloading supplies, but his raw bullet stock is getting low. He's trying to narrow down to only the commomly used supplies because a lot of it isn't selling. He's usually in the back right corner, stop by and give him a little business.

BR, I haven't seen any 844 for sale in years and then only by folks like Hi Tech Ammo and Pat's Reloading Supplies. You may have to go with it's civilian counterpart (and more expensive) Win 748 or Hods. BLC-2. Too bad too, the pulldown powders sold for somewhere like $80 a jug, the WC820 (magnum pistol & M-1 carbine powder) was even cheaper. I'm afraid those went the way of the $.06 M-2 FMJFB bullet. hope you can scare some up somewhere.

Rick

·
Registered
120 Posts
My friend Dean will be there selling reloading supplies, but his raw bullet stock is getting low. He's trying to narrow down to only the commomly used supplies because a lot of it isn't selling. He's usually in the back right corner, stop by and give him a little business.

BR, I haven't seen any 844 for sale in years and then only by folks like Hi Tech Ammo and Pat's Reloading Supplies. You may have to go with it's civilian counterpart (and more expensive) Win 748 or Hods. BLC-2. Too bad too, the pulldown powders sold for somewhere like $80 a jug, the WC820 (magnum pistol & M-1 carbine powder) was even cheaper. I'm afraid those went the way of the $.06 M-2 FMJFB bullet. hope you can scare some up somewhere.

Rick
Its everywhere online.

·
Banned
395 Posts
kydex holsters

He makes Kydex holsters. Simple, thin, relatively inexpensive....the most comfortable holster I have for my G29SF is a Dead Eye Luke.

http://deadeyeluke.com/

I need one for my XDS with TLR3 attached -- as well as one for my P9S and Romanian TTC Tokarev...

Shipping costs would probably equal or exceed the admission fee -- so I'll probably shell it out to go if he is there. I emailed Mark and I'll post his response as soon as I get one.
I tried making kydex sheaths for knives, easy to make once you get set up, HOWEVER, there is a secret to the forming process that escapes me? I could not get them to not scratch the blade . Wondering if they use some kind of spacing material between the gun and kydex? I would think it would scratch them easily. I know the factory made ones are good to go, but they are more than likely made on form machines of a sort a tad bigger or something. Process was really neat and great looking end product, just couldn't get past the scratched blades, so I dared not attempt a handgun. Anybody know the secret??

·
Registered
471 Posts
Just got 6x 8 lb's of 844 tryed to get some people on the from to go in but, couldn't get them to under stand about bulk buying and I wasn't going to put up all the money and let them have it for less then it cost, so just my and one more got it, they are now out of it. Just my 5 cents jj

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just got 6x 8 lb's of 844 tryed to get some people on the from to go in but, couldn't get them to under stand about bulk buying and I wasn't going to put up all the money and let them have it for less then it cost, so just my and one more got it, they are now out of it. Just my 5 cents jj
Damn there would have been about 3 jugs less if I had skipped out on CMP today and went to the gun show instead. No real point in heading out there tomorrow lol. Thanks for the heads up, saved me $7

1 - 20 of 23 Posts