Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not understand why a 21 year vet would have to pay anything to get in but there is a free mens night, ladies night,cox appr. day??? This is one more event this Vet will never attend and the rest of you should feel the same and show them who we are!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
They also have a MILITARY APPRECIATION DAY!!!! Check out the newspaper and it will tell you what each day is....

:usaflag:usaflag:usaflag:usaflag:usaflag:usaflag

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
<H1>Tuesday, October 23</H1><P class=maintext><U>Ladies Day</U> - Ladies of all ages will be admitted FREE to the Fairgrounds from 4 to 6 p.m. General Admission applies from 6 p.m. to closing.<P class=maintext><U>Military Appreciation Day</U> - ALL ACTIVE, RETIRED AND SPOUSE individual military personnel with proper identification will be admitted for $5 to the Fairgrounds all day long (does not include dependents).<P class=maintext><U>General Admission</U> - Admission $9 for everyone 11 years and older, $5 for ages 4 - 10, and free to children 3 and under at all times. Fair closes at 11 p.m. <P class=maintext><U>Handstamp Day</U> - Purchase a Handstamp for $17. Handstamps are good on all Reithoffer Midway Rides until closing. Individual ride tickets are also available all day long. <P class=maintext>Like he said, doesn't seem right. Ladies free, Vets save $4. No appreciation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Point is WHY DOES A VET HAVE TO PAY ANYTHING??? I WOULD NOT GO EVER AGAIN!!! SAME AS WHEN I JOUNED I WAS PROMISSED FREE DENTAL AND MEDICAL FOR LIFE AND I HAVE NO DENTAL AND I HAVE TO PAY FOR TRI CARE MEDICAL

·
Registered
149 Posts
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=smalltxt vAlign=top><SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl6_lblFullMessage>Point is WHY DOES A VET HAVE TO PAY ANYTHING</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>you know when I read your post this morning it rubbed me the wrong way and I was not going to reply but I showed it to a coworker of mine who retired with 27 years in the Navy and he LOL.I have to call you out on this one Mr.Rodarts.When you take a dump I bet it stinks just like the rest of us, if you go to sandy sansing nissan do you just point at one and they give you the keys. Do what I do and grab your wallet up off your hip and lay your money down. Do you shop at the base commissary? I can't. Don't go to the fair and you will do yourself a favor I went on Saturday and it was like getting robbed without a gun. You did 21 years of something I could not do and I thank you for that but don't go around with a chip on your shoulder and expect to get a discount everywhere you go.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Josey Wales (10/23/2007)<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=smalltxt vAlign=top><SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl6_lblFullMessage>Point is WHY DOES A VET HAVE TO PAY ANYTHING</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

you know when I read your post this morning it rubbed me the wrong way and I was not going to reply but I showed it to a coworker of mine who retired with 27 years in the Navy and he LOL.I have to call you out on this one Mr.Rodarts.When you take a dump I bet it stinks just like the rest of us, if you go to sandy sansing nissan do you just point at one and they give you the keys. Do what I do and grab your wallet up off your hip and lay your money down. Do you shop at the base commissary? I can't. Don't go to the fair and you will do yourself a favor I went on Saturday and it was like getting robbed without a gun. You did 21 years of something I could not do and I thank you for that but don't go around with a chip on your shoulder and expect to get a discount everywhere you go.

I to am a 21 year veteran and agree with Josey Wales. Kind of funny how some people think.

I

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
If they didn't give anyone a discount or FREE admission, that would be fine. The thing that grips me, and I believe the point of this thread,is theyhave a "Mens Day", and a "Ladies Day" which are free. Then they have a "Military Appreciation Day" with a $4 discount. Not much appreciation in my opinion. I did 20 years.

·
Registered
12,777 Posts
I agree that it would be nice to give vets free entrance to the fair, but also realize that because of our town, the fair would lose a ton of money on that night. I have a better solution. Let's not go to the fair at all! Talk to the local businesses and see what they think of the fair. All that money goes to one family and to an out of town group of carnie's. The fair is the worst thing for our economy right now. People will spend this month's rent and food check for dirty rides, rip-off games and greasy food. Doesn't make sense to me.

See you on the midway.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
jspooney (10/23/2007)I agree that it would be nice to give vets free entrance to the fair, but also realize that because of our town, the fair would lose a ton of money on that night. I have a better solution. Let's not go to the fair at all! Talk to the local businesses and see what they think of the fair. All that money goes to one family and to an out of town group of carnie's. The fair is the worst thing for our economy right now. People will spend this month's rent and food check for dirty rides, rip-off games and greasy food. Doesn't make sense to me.

See you on the midway.
I agree 100%. The wife and I go to the local festivals, enjoy it more and the money stays here. Well, most of it. There are some out of town vendors.

·
Registered
387 Posts
people go to extremes to go that damn fair,i have seen people take out personal loans to go.it crushes the local business.its worse than shopping at wal mart,at least wallyworld employs locals/even though the pay sucks/there are way to many local festivals to spend your hard earned LOCAL MONEY.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you are a Vet you already get in free on Mens night or Ladies night. How many free nights do you need. There is no since in going back since you will be broke 1 hour into the first night anyway.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think the point is.....a young person in the military with a family that wants to take his family to the fair is hit hard for $9.00 dollars per ticket.....where you can shop has nothing to do with helping a young person in the military....we all had a choice and you choose not to.....24 year Vietnam Vet

Have a good one.....

Clem

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
The original complaint was that Veterans were only getting a $4 discount as opposed to FREE admission. Granted all Veterans are either Men or Women and can get in FREE on Mens Day or Ladies Day, but it is, in my opinion, a slap in the face for Vets that the Fair has a Military Appreciation Day and only offers a $4 discount. Then there area few that think the Military are expecting something for free. I don't think that is the case at all and to those, well ......

:usaflag:usaflag:usaflag

1 - 16 of 16 Posts