Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the boat show, very disappointing. Couldn't have been more than 50 boats there in total and maybe 2-3 decent W/As or Express models. I was hoping to possible find a good deal and come away with something but only one Triton there that I would even consider. What was the deal? Did the big Orange BEach show kill this one?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Went to the show at the Wharf and it was better then the Pcola one, I went down to Palafox on Thursday evening to check it out and just walked around without anyone saying anything, it was pretty sad. The Wharf show had in water boats but you had to board with a broker so my buddy and I said we were executives of shell oil and got on everyone one :)

·
Registered
215 Posts
The best boat show in our area is the Mobile Boat Show. The whole botom floor of the convention center is jam packed with boats. Every type/make of boat you would want to see is there.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Agree with the poor showing of boats. A waist of $5.00.Think I'll just keep mine for now. I did see some interesting shoes for water sports. Anybody ever heardof Glagla shoes...or have a pair? They are made from the same material as Crocs but more in the style of a athletic shoe.

http://www.coolglagla.com/collection.html

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
10-4 on the Glaglas, I bought 2 pair and my wife bought a pair. They were the only tyhing at the show worth looking at other than the 30 ft. Triton W/A and the Triton 35ft CC with triple 300 Verados. I think that was my last trip to the Pensacola show. It's a shame that Orange Beach would have a better show than we do here.

Fisheye, the OB show was a few weekends ago and I really hate that I missed it.

·
Registered
944 Posts
+1 on the Mobile Boat show. Plenty of boats, boating accessories, fishing stuff, freebies, etc.and you can even enjoy a beer or cocktail while you look around. The worstboat show in ourarea IMO is the Florida Sportsman Boat show at the Okaloosa Fairgrounds. Went there this year andI think they had like 10 boats on display.

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
The Pensacola Boat Show was good when they had it at a Marina but it's been crappy ever since they moved it to the Civic Center Parking Lot. I used to make the drive each year to check out new boats but haven't waisted my time that last couple of years. Seems boat shows in general have taken a hit with the economy I'm guessing. It doesn't even appear that Fort Walton Beach and Destin are having any real boat shows this year. Usually Santa Rosa Mall has a decent one but didn't hear about this year and couldn't find any information on it at their website. Maybe they'llhave one later in May or June when it's too hot to want to walk around and look at boats. :doh

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been to several boating shows across the country this year, and most have been down from year's past. Mainly due to the economy and boats being that "icing on the cake" for most families...and when times are tough, we tend to cut back on the icing. Dealer's are cautious in spending money at these shows, because they are quite expensive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts