Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to fish around the EPA area that I heard so many good things about. Any suggestions on where to launch around that area?</p>

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Don't know much aboutfishingor rulespertaining to the EPAarea but Shoreline boat ramp is on the north side of the sound closest to the EPA...10$ per launch or $50 per annual pass...

Hope this helps!

Jimmy

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
There is a tiny launch site on quite water beach where the jet ski rentals are. Or, if you can,have someone drop you off next to the water tanks right past the toll. Then you only have a 50 yrd. paddle.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Please fill me in on this EPA area... I am familiar with a "No Motor Zone" in the indian river near titusville... is this similar? What sorts of depth range, species of interest, regulations... etc. Where is it specifically located?

All i have for charts right now is the online "booklet chart" link from here...
http://ocsdata.ncd.noaa.gov/BookletChart/GulfCoastBookletCharts.htm

I am on 11382 looking but don't know if that is the right page or if it has a different name on officially...

Thanks, Brent

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have never fished there before, which is why I was asking, but I believe it is the island sticking off the peninsula just north of Little Sabine Bay, west of Bob Sikes.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
So the "EPA" name is more a location than a regulatory situation?

Seems the fact that it is an island with less than open access is the draw? So it is under general rules and regs? Just a nice place to fish?

Brent

·
Super Moderator
20,431 Posts
hogdogs (27/04/2010)So the "EPA" name is more a location than a regulatory situation?

Seems the fact that it is an island with less than open access is the draw? So it is under general rules and regs? Just a nice place to fish?

Brent
When people refer to EPA its the EPAStation on Pensacola Beach.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hogdogs, I noticed you are familiar with Titusville. The wife grew up there and I duck hunt with the brother in law on the indian river. I just bought a kayak and plan to take it with me the the next time we visit. Can you point me to a nice place to catch some reds? I get the impression anywhere in the lagoon is good.

Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts