Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Registered
8,073 Posts
oh, yeah, on a side note. tell us if you catch anything, splittine. joey can take you to the std clinic.
jack

• Haha
Reactions: Splittine

· Registered
83 Posts
I caught myself with one hook of a small barbed treble of a spinner one time. I was fishing a river, reached up to clean off a hook and it slid right in the pad of my thumb. Brand new hook went in so easy I could not believe it. Walked to the car, had the wife call our Dr, and found out they wanted me to go to the ER. I went home instead and with the wife kinda watching, screaming, yelling and covering her face I pushed it thru, cut off the barb and pulled it out. I was happy and proud, but my wife was still yelling. Hook had been in me for almost two hours and I really irritated my thumb trying to pull it out while I was driving. Thumb swelled up about twice normal size for a day, but got better the next. I used alcohol and peroxide to clean it. Fun times.

· Registered
18 Posts
Learn the Braid trick! You will never go back to the push through method.
When my son was 10, he fell out of bed onto my heavy frog rod with a Frogzilla on it. It stuck in his upper thigh, all the way to the bend. This is a 7/0 hook that could be used for shark. He was partially suspended in the air on it, screaming his head off. I broke the eye off the rod and set him up on the bed. Grabbed 3' of 65# line off the rod. I got it positioned and told him to look away and I'd pull it on the count of 3. Popped it on 1 and he counted to 3 and then turned to ask why I hadn't done it. I handed him the lure and he couldn't believe it. He was back to sleep in 15 minutes.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts