Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
6,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Water was very clear with patches of Sargassum floating. No pomps in the pomp hole. No Spanish in shallow, just a school of redfish, ignoring everything. One jack was caught and one was lost in shallow.

Moved out to the end. No Kings, no ling...we saw some big Spanish, but mostly they were chasing baits and lures, but not hitting. I saw 3 caught. Few nice schools of tarpon came through, travelling west to east. One shark ate a king bait.

Bait was LYs, threadfin and Spanish sardines.

Going to try again tomorrow, depending on how bad the rain is. If not, there's always next week.

· Registered
5,368 Posts
Y'all ever use gotcha lures for spanish out there?

Reactions: jack2

· Registered
5,368 Posts
I've had great luck using gotcha's. course I usually caught myself about as many times as I caught a fish, those things just seem to know when to catch a breeze or something to snag you.

• Haha
Reactions: jack2

· Registered
8,109 Posts
I've had great luck using gotcha's. course I usually caught myself about as many times as I caught a fish, those things just seem to know when to catch a breeze or something to snag you.
or the fish throws it back at cha and you have to duck like hell.
jack

Reactions: jwilson1978

· Registered
852 Posts
Every time a hook got impaled in me, before I looked at it the first thought that would run through my head was please let the barb come through, BUT nooooooooooo. Don't know the braid trick, always had to run it through, or if burred to the hilt the ER.

· Registered
99 Posts
I've had two trebbels buried in my hand. Both I just yanked them backwards out. The second one I DID go to the urgent care but after sitting in a room for 1:45:00min I got pissed and opened the door and asked for a pliers. Heck. I almost had it pushed thru from playing with it. I could feel the tip but could not get myself to finish pushing it thru. They refused to give me a pliers and said I'd have to wait. I told them Im headed north 8hrs in the morning on Vacation and im NOT waiting any longer and Im gonna leave if you dont come in here now. Was told Im free to leave any time so I walked. Got my friend out of the lobby. Drove back to his house and went into the bathroom with hydrogen peroxide and pliers. less than 2 seconds later it was out. Bled it out good and end of deal. First one I was alone on the Wisconsin river with 3 lines out and 2 25lb anchors each with 5' of large chain which helps them lay sideways and grab the sandy bottom. Didnt wanna try pulling in all that gear with a hook in my hand so over the side went my hand and yanked that hook out. THAT one hurt like hell. lol. Didnt bleed much so I had my DR check it out the next day and updated my tetaneous shot. :)

· Registered
8,109 Posts
wisconsinfisherman,
that was a good read. i almost passed out reading it.
jack

1 - 20 of 24 Posts