Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
This will be a huge no wake zone. It is something that is definitely needed. People attending will need to know this, in order to adjust their departure time, in order to maintain their projected arrival time.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
. Additionally, vessels seeking to enter Little Sabine Bay for the two hours immediately following the air shows must contact the on-scene captain of the port designated representative via VHF channel 16 for authorization. This safety zone is needed to protect spectator vessels during, and immediately following the air shows. All concerned traffic may contact the Coast Guard on VHF-FM Channel 16 or the captain of the port Mobile at 251-441-5976. For further information mariners may contact Coast Guard Sector Mobile at 251-441-5976.

Can’t wait to see how many jet skiers enter little Sabine without authorization

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’m a few drinks in but, the way I read it you can’t anchor in any of that. Am I reading it wrong??

Initially when I read the bulletin I thought the same thing. However in the 5th paragraph it talks about Santa Rosa Sound being an area for minimum safe speed only zone. Should make for an interesting afternoon.

The safety zone for a portion of the Santa Rosa Sound includes all waters from Deer Point to Sharp Point and all waters within Little Sabine Bay. All vessels in this safety zone must proceed at a minimum safe speed. A no-wake zone approaching the Highway 399 Bob Sikes Bridge will be strictly enforced while the safety zone is in effect.

·
Registered
378 Posts
It will be a cluster**** because many won't know. I think it's actually a good idea, if they keep doing it, in a couple years people will know. It's going to kill the jetski rental business for the week!

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Have to read this again. Now I see it's just a no wake zone, so we can still enter Little Sabine. Hoping none of y'all worried about the dirty water use lemons in your tea b/c they have far more fecal matter that you'll begin to see out there.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Funny how Little Sabine water temperature approaches 98.6 as the day goes on. Still remember my wife asking me where do the people in the small boats go to the bathroom.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Have to read this again. Now I see it's just a no wake zone, so we can still enter Little Sabine. Hoping none of y'all worried about the dirty water use lemons in your tea b/c they have far more fecal matter that you'll begin to see out there.

The immune system needs a work out every now and then……
Mark, whatever you do, don’t tell them that there is a “ acceptable rodent hair” level in the cargo hold of ships containing bulk foods like rice or wheat before it is considered unusually high.
You might spoil their dinner.........lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: H2OMARK

·
Registered
378 Posts
The immune system needs a work out every now and then……
Mark, whatever you do, don’t tell them that there is a “ acceptable rodent hair” level in the cargo hold of ships containing bulk foods like rice or wheat before it is considered unusually high.
You might spoil their dinner.........lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is even still an "acceptable rodent hair” level when the food gets to the grocery store.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts