Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit the beach this morning around 7:30, the water was clear and clean. I started out using a jig and for about 45 minutes I had a ladyfish on almost every cast, I am guessing I caught about 50 mostly in the 12 inch range but a couple were about 16-18 inches. after it slowed down a little and I got tired of catching the ladyfish I started using some sand crabs and caught several catfish an under sized pompano and a small jack. I left the beach around 10:30.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I'll take a day surf fishing anytime! Hopefully the Pomps will turn it up a notch for us all now that the grass is moving out! That stuff was bad news over here. Went a total of 3 times this year due to the oil spill and the grass.

Tight Lines!

·
Bluewater Fisherman
34 Posts
Ft. Morgan Lady's everywhere

We had the same picture using Gotcha's and Spoons with unlimited Lady Fish catches--it was great for my son & friend as the "acrobatics" from the Lady Fish made the fishing fun. We also got a few Pompano on Sand Fleas and Hard Heads on Squid. We had one hit from below using Gulp Crabs that we thought was a Cobia (Big, Brown with a huge hit on top water) It broke the light tackle but what a thrill as the reel drag zinged!! We netted some Mullet (Big Schools along the shore) as well as a "Pipe Fish"?(small green long nosed skinny fish)(looked like mini alligator gar) Labor Day weekend was one of the best Surf Fishing weekends I've had in years--:D:yes::thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts