Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fishing buddy and I got to 17th ave and it was raining. It was nice when we left Barrineau Park. Called my bro, to check the radar on the net. He said the rain was moving out. Put in the water just before dark and went to the GB side of the hump and anchored up. The trout bite was on. We kept enough to make a meal or two and threw many back to grow up. We put a culled trout on a large circle hook and put him on the bottom with a sinker and a long leader. About an hour later, I was pulling a sheet of plywood off the bottom (3' wide stingray). The boy freaked called it a bat. I'll have a camera on the boat next time. We emptied the live well into the ice box, loaded up, whet to Whataburger and got home at 2 am this morning. Stewart was wired up. I had to make him get in the bed. It started out to be a wash and turned out to be some fine father and son time.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I planned on corn meal and deep fry for some and Cavenders and olive oil to pan fry some. I'm new at fishing the salt water, so this is our first trout. Any suggestions?

·
Praedator
10,063 Posts
SkinnyWater (12/9/2007)I planned on corn meal and deep fry for some and Cavenders and olive oil to pan fry some. I'm new at fishing the salt water, so this is our first trout. Any suggestions?
Just fry them any way you like. I usually deep fry them. They are a good white meat. They're a little soft, but still very tasty.

·
Registered
390 Posts
at least i'm a good weather man. especially since my boat has set for awhile.

maybe i'll get out tomorrow and catch whatever wants to bite. need to try my new tld combo out.

stewart doesn't look happy in that picture. must take after his uncle about camara. damn evil things!!!

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
SkinnyWater (12/9/2007)I planned on corn meal and deep fry for some and Cavenders and olive oil to pan fry some. I'm new at fishing the salt water, so this is our first trout. Any suggestions?
I deep fat fry white trout while fresh. They don't freeze well in my opinion. I personally prefer the smaller white trout (8"-12") for eating. Leting them get a little more golden brown when frying will firm them up some.

·
Registered
130 Posts
well i just do it simple.

zatarains fish fry and cook it in veggie oil.

i put the fillets in the bag with a little batter and shake it up!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hey Skinny Water, great catch man! I have caught a lot of those trout out there, but I didn't think they were "good eatin", let me know how they turn out. How's the boat doing? I have been taking mine out at least 3-4 times a week and love it. Vinnie

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Victor

They were good, we ate a mess tonight. There are better fish out their to be ate, but the trout were better than any Capn'D fish. Next time I think I'll fry them whole (minus the head of course). The Tidewater is doing everything I could ask and more. It was well worth the investment. Most wouldn't call a boat an investment, but it provides a great return in father/son and family time in general. The Yamaha 4 stroke is the sh*t.

Todd

Nice red fish. Hope to hook one up for the boy soon.:clap

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,259 Posts
Nice mess of fish man. Good for you on making your kid a happy angler:clap Nice red too Todd:clap Unfortunately i have no recipes for trout but ask me how to cook a tuna or wahoo and i'm there dude:hungry

1 - 17 of 17 Posts