Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The grandkids were out of school today and wanted to go fishing. Got away Day Break about 9:30. Blowing like crazy. We were headed to bay bridge in search for white trout. Headway was very slow so put out the #2 clark spoon. In less than 5 min, "fish on" nice Spanish. We were between the red 0 bouy and the red #2 west of the bridge. Keep working the area until the kids were tired of putting them in the boat. At one time had double with grand daughter holding hers in the water beside the boat while I was boating the grandson's fish. A 4-5 foot king skyrocketed beside the boat with the other Spanish in its mouth. I'll try to add pictures. The head of the one Spanish is in the picture. Trolled between 2.5 and 3.5 kts. Sometime going slower they would just bump and not hook-up. Speed up just a little and the bit was on. But got the bigger ones at slower speed.

Roger

I tied to put picture. We'll see

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Sounds perfect with the grandkids:mmmbeer

One of the few reports I have seen lately, must have been great to have the water to yourselves:poke

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually there were three or four boats anchored on the west side of the bridge but did not see anyone else hooked up on anything. Wind started laying down when we were headed back.

·
Registered
845 Posts
We also went out today but didn't have the same luck. A couple black snapper and that was about it, and your right the wind was kicked up a bit, but we still had fun.

Ted

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Book Antiqua'">Quality time with the Younguns! :clapIsn't that what it is all about?
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts