Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Team Get Bent and Team Gag On My Shaft founder, Pierce 07, blasted out of Navy Point ready to hammer the fish! That is, of course, after dicking around with the watered down fuel, thanks ethanol, which caused me to have to take the frigging fuel filter off, and pump out the cruddy fuel, into an EPA approved container.:banghead Anyhoo we finally got going, and dropped on our first spot a little bit later. The viz SUCKED on our first drop, so much so that as I was decending like a rock, I looked at me computer to check my depth, and face planted into the bottom!:doh IT was really bad, 6" at the best. I finally found Paul and we got back upstairs without hesitation. Spot 2 was 17 miles south of us and we found beautiful viz, 60-70 feet, and lots of SNAPPER! Damn they sure looked endangered! Sooooo there were tons of AJ's and the various other cool fish, but nothing I wanted to mess with. I couldn't figure out where the hell paul had gone either. I grabbed a lobster, swam around in the silly assed current for a bit and hit the roof. I found Paul sitting in the boat, he asked me if I had found the rig?!?!? I said "yea it was 20 yards from the anchor".He looked every way but at the huge platform that stood out like a black spot on a white shirt!:banghead:doh:clap Off to spot three we went, further south, of course. MY GOD WE SAW SNAPPER, when we dropped on this spot, holy cow! Imm talking show stopping, tourny winning sows, shit, they were frigging giants... I stoned a 51# AJ while Paul watched, all the while trying to figure out what he was gonna do when the ass whooping began. Lucky for me the AJ drifted down like a feather, and was quickly strung. Paul grabbed a couple of lobster, and we swam around just amazed at the Snapper... What a great dive, with 60+ foot clean viz here too. Pics to follow!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Great report! I love your writing style, vocab, descriptions and sense of humor.

Sounds like y'all had a great time.

I'm not a diver so please forgive my ignorance, but if only two of y'all go out (just assuming), there isn't any problem leaving the boat unattended while you bothdive? Thanks.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Coco Solo (3/20/2010)Great report! I love your writing style, vocab, descriptions and sense of humor.

Sounds like y'all had a great time.

I'm not a diver so please forgive my ignorance, but if only two of y'all go out (just assuming), there isn't any problem leaving the boat unattended while you bothdive? Thanks.

We go down the anchor line and make sure the anchor is in the wreck or securely in the sand. But yesterday was less then one foot out there and no current on the surface.

Gulfwaterman that's the truth. Once the season opens those bigguns go into hibernation and the little ones come out.

But we had a blast out there. If yall knew Mickey and my track record for trying to go out diving yall would understand why we amazed when we didn't run into 5 ft seas and 0 ft of viz. Thanks for the call Mickey looking forward to getting out some more this year and doing some damage to make them snapper actually endangered

·
Registered
632 Posts
Bigg J (3/20/2010)Sooo what was the biggest snapper yall shot...don't lie, I know yall pounded a couple

We would never participate in any illegal activity. Come on you know spearfishers never break the rules :angel

I do know where I will be going for opening day of snapper season though

·
Praedator
10,185 Posts
Great report. The water and air is warming up slowly but surely. It will soon be time to go full throttle with great seas and warm waters.:letsdrink

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As much as I would hav loved to smack one of those huge sows, I value my right to continue fishing and hunting more! Believe me, if anybody would get caught it would be me! Jon it is damn near time to get after em! Going this week for sure though!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts