Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off let me say I am a fresh water fisherman so I have no clue what this is worth or if anything at all.I have had it in the shed for years.its a penn peer no.209 on a old rod,dirty and a little light rust will probably clean up.everything looks to work though,can't figure out how to post pics from my phone but pm your cell number and I can text pics to you.best offer gets it...thanks daniel

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
<TABLE width=600 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle colSpan=2>PENN 209, PENN 209M
REEL SPECS</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle><TABLE width=580 bgColor=#c0ffc0 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>Gear Ratio:</TD><TD align=left>Line:</TD><TD align=left>Capacity:</TD><TD align=left>Weight:</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left>2.8:1</TD><TD align=left>20 lb.</TD><TD align=left>350 yds. </TD><TD align=left>19 oz</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=4>First Year Manf.: 1958 Discontinued by Penn: NO</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>
</TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD align=left colSpan=2>REEL INFO: Levelwind Series - from bottom fishing for flounder to trolling for stripers on the Chesapeake, the Penn Level Wind is perhaps the most popular and well-known inshore conventional reel. As for the guts of the Level Wind series of reels, a precision machined stainless steel pinion and high strength bronze alloy main gear provides some serious cranking power, while the soft-grip counter balanced handle makes it a pleasure to do so. (2004 Penn Catalog)

HISTORY: Called the "New! MONOFIL" in 1958 catalog. The 209 PEER Sr. Monofil: 209 was a plastic spooled reels, 209M metal spooled (chromed brass). The most recent model uses an aluminum spool.
As of 2006, These reels are made in China. Anything that says Made In Usa on the sideplates is an older reel.

Name/Series: 209, 209M, Peer Monofil Sr., Level Wind </TD><TR><TD align=left>Construction: <UL>Precision, stainless-steel pinion gear.
Alloy main gear.
Sealed oil ports for quick, easy lubrication.
Side plates reinforced with metal rings.
Chrome plated brass exposed metal components for corrosion resistance. [/list]</TD><TD align=left>Features: <UL>HT-100 multi-disc star drag system.
Loud, durable, easy-to-service clicker.
Light weight with black anodized spool.
Soft grip counterbalanced handle. [/list]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
if you live near gulf breeze, take it to Hot Spots Bait and Tackle and have Chris or Matt look at it. They could help you out. If you live near Navarre, take it to Half Hitch and have Dwayne look at it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts