Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished a complete restoration on this Penn 707 Spinfisher (left handed 706), arguably the rarest of the Spinfisher breed. Duracoat paint, Smooth Drag's Carbontex fiber drag washers set in Cal's Drag Grease, polished internals, fresh packed main bearing. It came out as well as expected. I've been trying to get my hands on one of these forever, so it goes in the collection.

Thanks to those who helped...you know who you are.

Attachments

·
I'd Love to Catch a
3,927 Posts
Dang Joe, that thing is STUNNING. Seriously. It's calling my name I think... haha. Glad it turned out as you had hoped!

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
NICE! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Daaaaaaaaaaaaang, that's a purty reel! Can tell you put a lot of hard work into that!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Penn spinfisher 707 right hand and I am looking to get information on it. Is it
antique? about how much is it worth? I also have a Penn squidder No. 140 with original
manual. They are both in there original boxes.

·
OCD Reel Service/Repair
6,305 Posts
Super nice Joe.

I have 2 left hand Mitchell 403’s if you want one.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I would expect nothing less than fantstic work from you. I still use my Grandfathers Spinfisher 700 (you restored for me) all the time. It still works and looks amazing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Great job, my old man has Quick no bail he hasn't used in 30 years setting in the bottom of his ols gear bag. Looks much like that reel, but in red and black.

·
Super Moderator
29,097 Posts
Awesome looking reel Joe, and I know the insides are better by far since you worked on it... Be a great piece for your collection!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts