Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't want to, but I have over the fall aquired a Penn 704 Greenie that is just like it was out of the box and if anyone is interested in helping me raise the money by buying one or two of my reels, ChoppedLiver(Chris) said he will knock off $50 from the price so I can buy 5 of them from him. He said he would even make the drive over due to his mother lives in my area and meet up and deliver them. I have several configurations, manual, etc... but the "miint" condition Greenie 704 was right at $125 when I bought it. It has just been lined with 20lb Pink Ande. Please let me know and yes, I am going to get a few pics of them for you guys too. I don't want to get rid of even one of my reels at all, but I can't beat the PVC in the ground due to my back still healing. Offers are all I'm asking from you guys to just consider if you do mind. ChoppedLiver(Chris) is willing to help and he suggested that I mention what he is doing for me and maybe it will help me come up with the $100 I'm needing for the spikes.

Thanks guys!

PM if interested, you will like the reels as soon as you see the pics if you are in the market for one or two for sure!

Chris

·
Registered
332 Posts
dont sell those reels shiznick, I plan on getting that paint booth rebuilt and getting started on refinishing more reels. You had asked me to let you know when that happened and I should be up and running next week.

Also your story is a little hard to understand. I guess your selling some of your reels to get sand spikes???this part anyway

"<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl1_lblFullMessage>I don't want to, but I have over the fall aquired a Penn 704 Greenie that is just like it was out of the box and if anyone is interested in helping me raise the money by buying one or two of my reels, ChoppedLiver(Chris) said he will knock off $50 from the price so I can buy 5 of them from him. He said he would even make the drive over due to his mother lives in my area and meet up and deliver them."

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Bryan_DESTIN_TRITON (2/17/2010)dont sell those reels shiznick, I plan on getting that paint booth rebuilt and getting started on refinishing more reels. You had asked me to let you know when that happened and I should be up and running next week.

Also your story is a little hard to understand. I guess your selling some of your reels to get sand spikes???this part anyway

"<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl1_lblFullMessage>I don't want to, but I have over the fall aquired a Penn 704 Greenie that is just like it was out of the box and if anyone is interested in helping me raise the money by buying one or two of my reels, ChoppedLiver(Chris) said he will knock off $50 from the price so I can buy 5 of them from him. He said he would even make the drive over due to his mother lives in my area and meet up and deliver them."

I think this will clear it up.

He has been using pvc spikes. He has to beat them into the ground. It hurts his back. And they don't work good for big old reds and such.

I sell sand spikes for $29.95 that are super heavy duty, and don't need to be beat into the ground because they go in with just wiggling them back and forth.

I was going to just give him two as a gesture of kindness for someone who is dealing with a rough situation ( Chandler ). But then I found out he would like to have five. Instead of giving him two, I told him I would just knock $50 off so instead of $150 for five, only $100. Would do more if I could, I also bought tickets for the raffle.

So I am going to make 5 for him, and deliver them to him. My mother lives over that way and I don't get a chance to see her often so I figured I would deliver them to him and go see my mom.

He is trying to sell the reel to get some spikes. I don't want the reel only because I have enough reels, or I would just do a straight up trade.

Hopefully that clears it up

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for the confusion guys. I'm just trying to upgrade a few of the items I use when I Pompano fish from the beach without it costing me a lot to do it. My reels are top nothc and I am very proud of them. I wouldn't offer to sell them if they wouldn't make one of you guys happy to own one. Just very interested in the sand spikes I won't have to hammer into the sand this spring to fish with. Just keep me in mind and PM me if you guys are interested. If not, I will understand.

Thanks,

Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts