Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran upon this Penhall reef in a book of mine and was wondering if it is a good fishing site or not. I've been to almost all of thewrecks within 20 miles,but never to this one. Anyone fish here? How is it?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I fish it some. Its bridge rubble scattered over a good sized area so for me it's a good place to drift. Almost every time I fish it I'll find a new spot. I wouldn't drop anchor because i've dove it before and there are a few anchors down there that people have had to cut loose.

·
Banned
137 Posts
Like any wreck, it depends. I have done real well at times. The goodnews is that it is close to many other public areas i.e., 116 hole, knicklebine, even the edge is not that far from penhall. Look at the Escambia County web site, marine resources, and copy the maps of the public wrecks. There are a tremendous number in that area. Good luck.

·
Registered
42 Posts
It was published in Florida Sportsman magazine as a hot spot. It has been on the Escambia Reef list but I think it got more attention after it was in that magazine. Sometimes I have done well there and other times I have had no luck. I have found other spots around it though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts