Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I finally got my pelican 130 in!

I got to take it out on the water for the first time today and it is probably one of the most stable boats I've ever been in. Right up there with the Hobie outback or PA.

Didn't catch much. Just a few largemouth and scared some pelicans but really enjoyed doing it!

It is a really easy to use boat. Pretty durable and light for its size.

For anyone thinking about it I say go for it! Fair warning though is not the fastest boat on the water. I would rate it about the same speed as a Hobie outback. Definitely nowhere near as fast as a Revo or adventure.

Oh and I almost forgot, I didn't get a single drop of water in the hull of my kayak for the first time ever. THANK. GOD.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
28,499 Posts
Nice..... I think I saw one on display at Academy. They look like contenders to the Outback but not a Cadillac like the Pro

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice,I have been waiting for this to show up.

Did you find it locally?
Actually pre-ordered this one a couple months back through zoffingers down in Tampa

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know you have owned Hobies,how do you think the catch drive compares to the Hobie?
It comes wrenched down pretty tight so I had to loosen cables on mine but otherwise build quality, components, reliability, is very comparable to the drive that came with my 2012 Hobie.

Also, unlike with my Hobie, when the drive is in no water comes up from around the pedal drive. This was probably the driest kayaking experience I have ever had.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts