Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was able to finally pick my boat up from the marinia after it had been in pensacola for several weeks getting some work done to the tower and swim platform.

Ran the boat from pensacola to panama city starting at 1 pm sunday, saw 3 fish in the first 3 hours . One single about 50 pounds and a double of monsters that looked to be 80 each. The water was so dang dirty that the fish would pop up right offthe bow of just off the side before you could see them . Got a jig off on the first one , no bite. Then threw an eel on the double , but they were spooky at best , never to be seen again. Wish i had more time to fish that day instead of running back home to my dock, but i am sure we will score this weekend.

WATER REPORT: Brownish to some green color water from pensacola pass to past navvare beach. Then the water gets worse from there till destin when it went to a greenish color again. Hard to see brown fish in brown water , but they are there for sure.

FISH REPORT: Saw one 100 yards off the color change , saw the double way off the beach. Mosts boat are working far off the beach.

WATER TEMP: Mine was reading 60.5 surface temp ??? could that be right ????

Made it back within 30 miles of panama city when the sun set and the thickest fog i have ever seen came out . We struggled to get to the pass under speed dodging boats and piers, then once at the pass we limped for 2 hours back to my dock hitting bottom slightly at deep water point as the tide was slow low we could hardly run past it. Then , hardly any of the bouys had thier lights working which made running the pass even worse:doh

All is good with the new tower work and platform , boat is safe in the dock and the cobia are running !!!!

See you on the water.

·
Registered
35 Posts
thanks for the report capt. nice to know that some large fish have been spotted. i've seen reports of the water being 65-68 over the past week so i think your temp guage may be off a little with 60.5. anway, good luck to you this weekend

1 - 2 of 2 Posts