Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,462 Posts
in the words of the infamous GARBO....

DANG...

good glasses, a reel in the 20# range that can hold 250 yards of line.

lots of patience.... and watching other people....

before all this first shot b/s, us rats (myself, freespool, jhogue) ... we would rely lots of times on watching the body language of other people... we were quick to learn, that if we saw a fish, chances are someone had seen it a few minutes before us...

·
Super Moderator
13,462 Posts
i've yet to see an actual fight out there... it's kinda like bad rumors in high school... you say one thing to somebody and by the end of the day, everyone thinks you shot the guy...

most everyone will say a few words to someone at somepoint... hardly ever will it be for throwing on someones first shot, that has happened only 5-6 times in the past and the people who did it were banned from the pier for life..... most arguments happen because of bad casts, bombed fish, and just plainold ignorance...

i would reccomend going out there on weekdays as much as possible, especially the people who are learning..... most arguments happen on the weekend, so i usually don't even go out there on weekends, nor do the majority of the "good' ling fishermen

oooh, by the way, if you ever wanna see some kick-ass teamwork make sure you're out there when the first fish is caught... it will look like calamity at first, but by the end, everyone will be giving each other high-fives and cheering..... pretty fun shit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts