Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Worked hard for too few fish today, but the sunrise was worth the price of admission. Ended up with a 35 inch Bull Red (below), I think we kept around a dozen Whiting and caught that many more that were super small, 3 flounder (2 keepers) and a Skate. We fished for everything with everything. Cut Mullet, fresh caught live Hardtail, Shrimp, fresh caught live Fleas, Whiting.

Beautiful day, and good to be back fishing on the beach.

Attachments

·
Surf Fisher
288 Posts
I was going to ask the same question about the spinners. Joe, have you come to the other side?

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Spinners

good one Joe! Do I see a bunch of spinners there?
You guys know me better than that! Those belong to my friend Gary. I do carry my new Quantum Smoke Inshore 30 on an 8 foot Penn Power Stick. Wanted something I could throw a spoon or a Gotcha with when I see bait being worked.

My "go to" bait casters today were...

Tica Wasabi
Ambassadeur 5500 C3
Diawa Sea Line SL20SH (pretty much the fav right now)
Shimano Triton - This is a great reel, but the gearing kills it for me.

Should have an Avet MC Cast in early next week to try. If the Diawa Saltist had another cast control option besides my thumb. I'm pretty sure that would be the ticket. May have to bust out the drill press and install my own.

·
I'd Love to Catch a
3,904 Posts
Should have an Avet MC Cast in early next week to try. With the Diawa Saltist had another cast control option besides my thumb. I'm pretty sure that would be the ticket. May have to bust out the drill press and install my own.
Are you getting an SX, an MXL, or an MXJ Joe??

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Avet

Are you getting an SX, an MXL, or an MXJ Joe??
I got the SX for the surf. It's about the size of the Ambassadeur 5500, and for me that's a perfect size to throw. Thought about getting an MXJ for offshore, but really wanted something with more drag.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Bull reds are def out there now! I caught another one this morning just down the beach from where your pic is Pompano Joe. He was just under 40" but other than that and a few trophy ladyfish it was slow and cold this morning.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts