Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to visit PCB next week(1/1 - 1/3). I'll stay there for only 2 days. I believe they have two fishing piers, Dan Russel and County Pier. Which one is better to catch some Flounders, Sheepshed or Spanish? I wonder how they are doing now and which pier is better to try. Those bait shops at the piers, are they carring live baits too? I appreciate any information.:thumbup:

·
EAT-SLEEP-GO FISHING
4,064 Posts
Pier Park fishing pier

I'm not a pier angler but the pier at Pier Park is the newest and longest.
You might check with Half Hitch, they have a bait and tackle shop at the pier.

http://www.halfhitch.com/

·
Registered
65 Posts
I am from PCB and both piers are the same length and were just both buillt after Ivan. Neither one is particularly better it just depends on the day. Sheepies I know for sure are all over the pier at pier park but I am sure they are also on the other one also. Good Luck

·
EAT-SLEEP-GO FISHING
4,064 Posts
pier

Wasn't aware they were the same. I have walked out to the end of the pier at Pier Park and it's awesome. I remember driving by a pier toward PCB and it looked shorter than Pier Park.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yep they are both the same and I am pretty sure but not 100% that they are the longest piers on the gulf coast.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Pier Park pier was built first, then just over a year later, the county used the city's plans and built theirs. You are able to park closer on the county pier than on the city pier. There is a restroom on the county pier where on the city pier you have to walk back to the ticket booth.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts