Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cold, windy and drizzly day at the pier.

Bait was still there but small, caught 2 flounder right off on Gulp! in my new favorite color then got a couple more on live shrimp while attempting to get some sheepshead. The rest were caught on cigar minnows Carolina rigged. Total flounder tally was 8, smallest around 12", the rest were all cookie-cutter 16-17" and FAT. Seems like they're spawning on the full moon although not all of them had eggs. Kept one, released one back into the water and the rest into other people's coolers. </DIV>
Caught a couple blues on the flounder rigs and saw some nice sheepshead swimming around the pilings. No luck on the 'heads since every time I tried to send down a live shrimp, the flounder beat them to it. Good problem to have.</DIV>

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
I thought the pier was closed, and being taken down for a new one....this fall....

·
Registered
993 Posts
ironman172 (12/24/2007)I thought the pier was closed, and being taken down for a new one....this fall....
lol.Talk is cheap in Panama,actions speak louder than cheap words(demolition and construction dates,fema money,blah,blah,blah.)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now they're saying it'll be taken down starting after New Year's. I'd like to see it done but at the same time I don't want to have to drive all the way to Destin come cobia run.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Why couldn't they keep the one we have and start construction on the new one so people can still fish. A new pier is going to take a good while to build and fishing season will be over before completion.

·
Registered
993 Posts
There is one brace broken on the COUNTY pier.It is closed as well.

The CITY PIER should have been repaired after Ivan.

Both are closed.Welcome to Panama City Beach.:hoppingmad

1 - 8 of 8 Posts