Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Tyler Walker
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dad just got his new 80lb 24volt I-Pilot installed on the skiff so we had to go try it out. Wanted to go to Talquin but all this rain has the big lakes messed up.

Fished from 7:30-1:30 and probably boated around 60+ fish. Caught quite a few war mouth and even a nice Jack. Seems like there's less and less Jack over the years. Kept about 20 crappie all about 10-12 inches. No big fish this trip. Trolled 1/16th Litewire Hooks and curly tail grubs.

I I-Pilot is amazing. We can record tracks with it and put it on autopilot and we can run all over the boat reeling in and netting fish and not worry about who's manning the trolling motor or keeping up with how fast we're going. We love it. Can't wait to get it over to Talquin or Cresent to slay some 2 and 3 pound crappie.

Will be back at Pates tomorrow to see if they're still biting where we left them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
WAR MOUTH!!! I haven't heard that one in a very long time...

Very nice mess 'o fish and an excellent report.

·
EAT-SLEEP-GO FISHING
4,104 Posts
Fished Pate this morning. One small bream longlining. 10 small crappie jigging tight line way out in the lake. Never would have found the small number we did without the sonar. Little windy to start but it stopped about 10:00 and lake became almost slick.

·
Registered
14,764 Posts
Fished Pate this morning. One small bream longlining. 10 small crappie jigging tight line way out in the lake. Never would have found the small number we did without the sonar. Little windy to start but it stopped about 10:00 and lake became almost slick.
Look for the boat with the PVC rod holders, yetti cooler and fancy trolling motor. Follow them around and do what they do!! Lol!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
EAT-SLEEP-GO FISHING
4,104 Posts
Look for the boat with the PVC rod holders, yetti cooler and fancy trolling motor. Follow them around and do what they do!! Lol!!!

LOL,,,,Yep, I know the young guy. They are good. My introduction to longlining was with the younger of the father-son combo, and in the boat with the pvc rod holders. Great anglers for sure. I found another small lake after fishing Pate loaded with fish but nearly got skunked. Now need to implement a New Years Resolution to be more flexible in technique and do what I see working and pay more attention to detail. The flooded river has me off balance.

·
Registered
14,764 Posts
Better than my luck.. I got about 30 or so of these little guys on Escambia today.. Couldn't find anything worth keeping..All ran about 8-10 inches
An 8" crappie ain't hardly worth cleaning..... You didn't keep them for bait didja?????

·
Tyler Walker
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am no expert but thanks to online forums, common sense, and trial and error I have learned a lot over the years. Just trying to pass on some knowledge for people who would like to catch a few slabs!

JB your welcome back anytime on the skiff! Good company!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts