Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My family is having a get-together this summer in the Orange Beach/ Gulf Shores area and I was looking at some of the houses that are available for rent in the area. I have seen a couple of ones that are on Little Lagoon that look nice.I was planning on having the boatavailable (24' Wellcraft) forsomeoff-shore fishing and thought it would be nice to find one with a dock. I haven't made it over that way in a couple of years and was wondering if the pass from the lagoon to the gulf is navigable. The last few times thatI was overthere it was either sealed off or down to a channel that you might be able to drag a kayak through.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
alanbarck (3/8/2010)My family is having a get-together this summer in the Orange Beach/ Gulf Shores area and I was looking at some of the houses that are available for rent in the area. I have seen a couple of ones that are on Little Lagoon that look nice.I was planning on having the boatavailable (24' Wellcraft) forsomeoff-shore fishing and thought it would be nice to find one with a dock. I haven't made it over that way in a couple of years and was wondering if the pass from the lagoon to the gulf is navigable. The last few times thatI was overthere it was either sealed off or down to a channel that you might be able to drag a kayak through.
Definitely not going to get through in a 24' wellcraft. A jon boat may be able to float through now, but they would have trouble once they hit the gulf inlet right there.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I fished there a lot last year from the bank and would not take a 24' boat out. Kayaks are fine and I have seen a few small shallow draft boats run out during high tide, but personally would not even consider it in a 24' boat. Not too far of a run down to Perdido Pass from there so that would be your best bet.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
10-4

I kinda figured that, but i was looking at Google Earth and it looked like it might have been redeveloped. Thanks for the info. Definitely need to look elsewhere for a house then.:letsdrink

·
Registered
532 Posts
Exactly, been going there every year for 4th July, stay at the Gulf Shores Gulf & Raquet club, we can only get the jet ski's through there, and then only at high or incoming tide.

They were dredging it last year, and opening the entrance to the Gulf, however, I would call or go down there first, just in case.

Skippy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts