Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a midwesterner that tries to get to Florida every couple years to fish. We usually go out on a party boat.
We're fishing Sunday and I'd like to know any tips or techniques to help me catch more/bigger fish than the tourists that I'm rubbing elbows with. Thanks
Thanks

·
Registered
13,675 Posts
Tips are given at the end of the fishing trip.

However, you could slip your tip to the deck hand on the way out, and then tell him this is the first tip, there will be a second tip.

I have done this many times, while tipping a food server, I believe it gets me better service.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bigger Bait.

Some even bring there own.

Sometimes the deckhand passes the hat, to chip in on live bait, this works real well.

I did think about the live bait. Didn't know what to get. Maybe I can make arrangements the day before.
The tip idea good too. Always works well with the barmaid ; )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Mines Bigger
2,645 Posts
I agree with bigger baits but live baits can piss deckhands off because of tangles. When 30 plus people are dropping a line at once something moving on a hook can tangle thing up.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Before there was a size limit on beeliners we would take a small one & butterfly it. Probably couldn't do it these days.

·
Blowhard extrordinair
2,274 Posts
If your new to this style fishing I would consider some of these. http://fishbites.com/saltwater/fishn-chunks-saltwater/ I bass, crappie, trout and catfish in Arkansas all the time and was not prepared for the way the fish feels on these bottom fishing trips. I've taken several groups fishing and every year I get better and they are way behind me on the learning curve. You will lose a lot of bait on the party boat. The fish bites will stay on your hook a lot longer, you may not get as many bites but I almost guarantee you'll catch more fish.

As for the the party barge, my best advice would be to get a spot on the very back of the boat, preferably in the center. If you are on the side you will spend more time trying to untangle from the guy you're bumping elbows with than fishing. Also take a Dramamine the night before and then another the morning of and take a couple cans of Canada dry ginger ale to drink.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'm gonna piggy back on this thread. Does anyone have recommendations for a decent party boat in the orange beach or Pensacola? My family will be up next month and we were going to try and get the kids out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts