Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone else have to deal with the parasailing, chase boat combo yesterday? They were running up and down the beach through everyone all day. The chase boat had a tower and was perfectly capable of fishing ethically. It was rediculous. What's the sport in that????

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Yes we saw them. I bet they made a bunch of friends yesterday. We stayed way to the south of all of that. We went 3 for 10 yesterday 5 of which we did not try to catch due to their size. Can't wait to get out!

·
Registered
822 Posts
Heard about this going on in Panama City earlier this year and apparently the goober on the parasail had a rod with a jig in his hand trying to connect on one......Talk about a cluster!!

If they catch a big one and enter it in a tournament you think anybody will toss them a beating?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How many fish did you run over and how many boats did you cut off while running 15 knots down the beach? You can count me as one.Nice pics. That pretty much sumsit up. I was wandering what you guys were thinking. Now I know. Congratulations on your fish. You must be proud.</p>

·
Registered
37 Posts
While they do seem like tools from the pics and I wasn't out there to see what they were doing, using a parasail to spot fish is a pretty good idea. You guys are just mad that someone is using a more effective method than you. I fish from a kayak, and I don't whine about you guys in your boats with towers running past me going 8 mph or how it is unfair that you are on 20' towers. As long as a fishing method isn't breaking any laws, you can either join 'em or learn to deal with it.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Well with pic's like this You may not make very many Friends Here Just my 2C and Scott Glad you got a Few sounds like You'll be Killing us with the BGE Reports!!!!:moon

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
fishpinner (23/04/2010)While they do seem like tools from the pics and I wasn't out there to see what they were doing, using a parasail to spot fish is a pretty good idea. You guys are just mad that someone is using a more effective method than you. I fish from a kayak, and I don't whine about you guys in your boats with towers running past me going 8 mph or how it is unfair that you are on 20' towers. As long as a fishing method isn't breaking any laws, you can either join 'em or learn to deal with it.
im gonna have to agree with this.. the pics are bullsh*t but it seems like people are just a lil ticked cause someone figured out a better way to catch fish. IMO i think its pretty cool and a great idea. as far as the speed goes, im assuming he has to go faster to be able to keep the parasail up. while i wasnt out there to witness what went on, i just dont see someone intentionally trying to ruin someone elses fishing.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I think it is an innovative idea to use the parasail and concur that it creates cool opportunites. Why not have the kid on the 'chute take a camera and get some cool pics. For the porker throwing the finger... it is not really necessary.
I think this is cheaper than a 54 Bertram, but would hate to see 10 or 20 of these chuckleheads out there running into each other.

·
Registered
133 Posts
This is not my account but its not like i am hiding or embarrassed we had a blast and saw some cool things and made sure to hook some other boats up on fish. And those would be my fingers and i entertain your offer. IF we cut you off we apologize tried to stay out of the way. Oh we are for hire if you would like and let me be the first to tell you it is effective. So hope to see you back out there.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
ScullsMcNasty (23/04/2010)
fishpinner (23/04/2010)While they do seem like tools from the pics and I wasn't out there to see what they were doing, using a parasail to spot fish is a pretty good idea. You guys are just mad that someone is using a more effective method than you. I fish from a kayak, and I don't whine about you guys in your boats with towers running past me going 8 mph or how it is unfair that you are on 20' towers. As long as a fishing method isn't breaking any laws, you can either join 'em or learn to deal with it.
im gonna have to agree with this.. the pics are bullsh*t but it seems like people are just a lil ticked cause someone figured out a better way to catch fish. IMO i think its pretty cool and a great idea. as far as the speed goes, im assuming he has to go faster to be able to keep the parasail up. while i wasnt out there to witness what went on, i just dont see someone intentionally trying to ruin someone elses fishing.
+1 , They were attached to the boat so the flying law does'nt apply.If I could ,I would take the Ultralite up and radio down to a partner boat but that is NOT legal.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Although it is a "different" approach to cobia fishing, I have mixed emotions about it. These guys were starting to annoy me the other day until they motored up behind us and put us on a wad of 8 fish that we would not have seen.

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
:Dwhy not drop a stick of dynamite from the parasail onto the cobia?

That way you don't have to make em eat a jig or eel.

If you canget a stick of dynamite ina wad you might killbe able to kill ten ata time at a time!:p

Mark

1 - 20 of 46 Posts