Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1/2 tail? I didn't notice a partial tail. I did notice seaweed or barnacles growing on its dorsal fin though. But it looked healthy otherwise.

·
Registered
9,985 Posts
1/2 tail? I didn't notice a partial tail. I did notice seaweed or barnacles growing on its dorsal fin though. But it looked healthy otherwise.
I've seen pics like this of 1/2 tail recently, I think its the left 1/2 of his tail is missing. been around here for years and years. if this is the same animal... the hook position seems about the same as the other pictures...

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I saw him the other day as well. He always pesters us when we fish the bay.
318BB2D5-BAE2-4FD7-9684-0312CD51D43B.jpg
I tried grabbing the hook with pliers but he yanked away hard enough for me to rethink that.

·
Green Eggs And Ham
9,773 Posts
Dangit I hate to hear that, that is my buddy FIN. This is him on 7-2-19. I always see him in the bay and the pass. How long you think before the hook rust out?

·
Registered
9,985 Posts
Dangit I hate to hear that, that is my buddy FIN. This is him on 7-2-19. I always see him in the bay and the pass. How long you think before the hook rust out?

if its rusting, he should start rubbing it on the bottom, or a piling somewhere soon... hard to tell the quality of the hook from a picture...

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He is missing the cardboard sign and a cellphone. As for the hook, it still has some thickness to it. Unless he rubs that hook into something solid he will be wearing it a few months. As for the barb, its in there forever likely.

·
Green Eggs And Ham
9,773 Posts
Well, he always comes and sees me, I will take picks and hope it comes out. I see him a lot when I am getting bait.

·
Bearded Brotula
11,764 Posts
People keep feeding him and he keeps stealing baits. Pretty sure that hook used to have stinger dangling off the back of it.

·
Green Eggs And Ham
9,773 Posts
People keep feeding him and he keeps stealing baits. Pretty sure that hook used to have stinger dangling off the back of it.

I have had him (FIN) grab a big LY and tug on it ever so slightly till the hook pulls through the bait. Then I see him come to the top smiling. I know some people get mad when dolphins show up but it doesn't bother me. I just move on if he keeps doing it.

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,970 Posts
I have had him (FIN) grab a big LY and tug on it ever so slightly till the hook pulls through the bait. Then I see him come to the top smiling. I know some people get mad when dolphins show up but it doesn't bother me. I just move on if he keeps doing it.
Flipper ate a LY? That was the one bait at the OIP back when I fished off it that they wouldn't touch.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts