Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I grew up hunting eglin and loved it. Live over in Panama now. Just wondering if Tyndall is comparable to eglin hunting..

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I have not hunted Tyndall in about 8 years but it is a nice place. There are some very nice deer in there.

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
I used to hunt Phillip's Inlet (where the golf course is now, grrrr) and also Moore's Pasture. Doesn't do you any good now though.
Also hunted Wewa, I forget the name of the management area down there. Hmm. G.U. Parker ? I think that was the name.
Shot doves on Tyndall.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I used to hunt Phillip's Inlet (where the golf course is now, grrrr) and also Moore's Pasture. Doesn't do you any good now though.
Also hunted Wewa, I forget the name of the management area down there. Hmm. G.U. Parker ? I think that was the name.
Shot doves on Tyndall.
That's it. My granddaddy always tells me about hunting GU parker way back when.

Tyndall always has a good dove shoot. Its worth getting your permits just to hunt the birds.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Tyndall just opened the golf course and residential section up to bow hunters only. It's a great place if you are willing to hunt around their schedule. I'm over on the north side of hwy 22 between bay county line and hwy 71. I will be there this weekend laying smack downs. Our lease is 48,000 acreas for dog hunting but bow season on that much land is awesome.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I live off of 22 i. Sandy Creek. Id love to meet some of yall from over this way. Any one interested in meeting some time? I have several bears and yotes around the house. Is your lease loaded with them too?

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Tyndall just opened the golf course and residential section up to bow hunters only. It's a great place if you are willing to hunt around their schedule. I'm over on the north side of hwy 22 between bay county line and hwy 71. I will be there this weekend laying smack downs. Our lease is 48,000 acreas for dog hunting but bow season on that much land is awesome.
I thought the golf course was always open to bow hunters? I always hunted down at silver flag and east of there. One of the biggest FL bucks I have ever seen I saw standing on the opposite side of the road at Research Rd and 98. It was late August and he was a toad in full velvet.

I live off of 22 i. Sandy Creek. Id love to meet some of yall from over this way. Any one interested in meeting some time? I have several bears and yotes around the house. Is your lease loaded with them too?
There are a few of us Bay County folks hanging on here. I am West PCB area, technically Walton County. I use to live in the Cove in PC when I hunted Tyndall.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
My lease is loaded with bears I'd say about 2 for every 100 acreas.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm near you in the Cook's Bayou area. I've never hunted Tyndall but I think there are a lot of deer there based on what I have seen along Hwy. 98 after dark. And a few big deer also. I was on a lease in Bay County and the bears became too much of a problem. Then the same bear problem moved with me to Calhoun County. Now I am on a lease in Jackson County and have not seen a bear yet.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I'm near you in the Cook's Bayou area. I've never hunted Tyndall but I think there are a lot of deer there based on what I have seen along Hwy. 98 after dark. And a few big deer also. I was on a lease in Bay County and the bears became too much of a problem. Then the same bear problem moved with me to Calhoun County. Now I am on a lease in Jackson County and have not seen a bear yet.
YET....Lol. I have hunted the same 100 acre private property in north Bay County since the 1980's and up until 3 years ago never saw the first sign of a bear. Three years ago one moved into the area and it has not left since. Here are a few pics from last season.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
Ever hear of the Sandy Creek murders back in the 70s?
I remember them well.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
My dad was on the jury. Along with Albert Byrd. I shot at my first buck riding with Albert. We was behind the tv tower on hwy 20. He missed too

1 - 14 of 14 Posts