Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was in PCB the other day and looked around for a ramp to use to fish the pass...Thought Saint Andrews would have their ramp good to go but not...looking around left me a little confused where a guy can splash a rig coming from the west side of the bay. The ramps I looked at either seemed sanded in or busted up...Still learning my way around the bay waters.

·
One eye fishing,
643 Posts
The ramp on the south side of the lagoon is at the north end of Dolphin Street. Besides the limited parking at the ramp, there is some extra parking about one or two blocks west in a small (was signed) lot.
There's a ramp at the west end of the 98 bridge over the bay and the city ramp near massalina bayou.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dolphin ramp has at least half the dock ripped up and in pieces, couldn't tell if the ramp was clear below the waterline or not...

I was told the city ramp was closed as is the marina...without much idea of when it will open.

St Andrews ramp is sanded it and the dock is sunk and in pieces per the gal on the phone I talked with...closed as well as their campground.

seems like it might be a while before I can harass the local panama city pass winter fish...

·
Registered
23 Posts
There's a ramp at the west end of the 98 bridge over the bay and the city ramp near massalina bayou.
Yes but very shallow, there is also a ramp on the Gulf Cost Collage side of 98, but even shallower there. I also made the assumption that when Chumbuster was talking about "Saint Andrews" he was talking about the Panama City Saint Andrews Marina and boat ramp. Haven't been over there since the storm but I imagine its still a mess.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the heads up...Id imagine that would put a dent in the gas bill, I was hoping to catch the tail end of gag season down that way but I guess its traffic in destin if the weather ever cooperates.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts